Removal passanger plastic tray

So I’m installing a new fender eliminator kit and want to route the wires up tight under the passenger seat. I was easily able to drop the mud flap by removing the 4 bolts under the seat, but am struggling at removing the plastic tray (that the tool pouch sit in) so I can easily get at where the wires enter the bike. I like working with room, and don’t want to try and snake wires under this tray. Any suggestions? I tried to search but couldn’t find what I am looking at doing.

I just dropped the undertail panel. Once you have the "mudflap" removed there are just automotive style plastic rivets holding it in place. Use a very small flat screwdriver like you would use for the tiny screws on eye glasses to pull out the center pin. After that they just pull out and release the panel. You should be able to fish your wires without the tray removal then. I did just that when I wired the lines for my saddlebag light connections.

The plastic rivet things are very easy if you use a small allen/hex key to push the center in. It goes about 1/4 inch and releases then pull the main part out. Push the center pin back out 2 clicks before reinstalling the main. Then push the center flush again to lock.

Dropping the inner fender lining is easy, as others have mentioned. But if you want to keep the stock signals and NOT have to cut and splice them then you will have to remove the plastic tray so you can remove the wires where they connect under the seat. It's a hassle but it can be done. There was a prior post with pics on how to do it, it means removing all the bolts that hold the entire rear tail section (12 or 13 bolts) and then removing this in one piece. Search and you may find the thread. I cut the wires and spliced them, if done carefully and correctly it is fine to do this, and it is a lot easier than removing the entiere tail section.

Back