Red light RUNNERS!

I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with you. Local governments need to become more efficient like the private sector, not come up with another way of sucking in more of the public's money...just my :2cents:

A perfect example to me is what happened here in NJ with DMV. When it was run by the state it was a nightmare. For something as simple as a registration renewal you were in there for 2-3 hours. It's been a few years since they privatized it and now you're in and out in 30-45 minutes even when transferring title and getting new registration and plates at the same time...now that's progress!

I would like to see government become rmore efficient and lower my taxes as a result (like that will ever happen). And subsidize the tax releif with income from red light runners. :)

We all see drivers doing all kinds of things that detract from being safe behind the wheel. If you haven't seen it yet, you probably will soon. The best tactict is to be watchfull for the driver who is not likely to pay attention to you. You and I must be pro-active and be the driver who is aware of ALL around him. When we do that, all else is of no consequece. Been doing it for 46 years, had a lot of close calls and situations that made me mad or even scared me but because I was the one paying attention, I avoided getting hurt. Be the guy/gal who lived to tell about it.

This is an ungoing societal problem, until we stop living our lives as if everything must happen right now, and we're always in a rush we will continue to have tragedy on the roadways. Sometimes it makes me mad. Just last night I was out on my bike which I rarely do. I'm at a red light with another car besides me, light turn green and we're still sitting there 3 sec after because this big ass mack truck was in such a hurry that he didn't feel the need to stop at his red light. Sometimes just because you're right (green light) doesn't mean you're safe or will live.

On the funny side I always joke with my wife saying that we should be able to shoot one stupid driver per day. I'm sure someone out there thinks I'm a stupid driver too :)

Back