Red Hugger

Wondering if anyone knows of an aftermarket hugger in Yamaha red for my 08?

I just had my black one painted to match the bike. Another member, Seth had his painted red to match his bike. That will be your most cost effective way to get one. You might as well get a few other parts painted at the same time as there is a minimum amount of paint that a shop will be able to mix and it is chaeper to do a few parts at the same time.:cheers:

I suspect a paint/body shop of some kind (unless your dealer has those services in house?)

but I'd also suspect that they would charge more for doing the same thing, just because that it what dealers do.....

anyone know of one they make or an equvilant just need a steering damper or stabilizer on it. any advise on what to get????

Not many steering stabilizer choices out there for the Gen I bikes. Most people will tell you that the bike is very stable and that you don't need one. However, once you have a bad case of "shakes" you'll wish for one. I remember Ohlins making one for the Gen I, but as you can imagine it wasn't cheap.

This Sprint one might be your best choice:

Yamaha Fazer 1000 Sprint Steering Damper Kit Free P&P | eBay

I have an ohlins damper, and I'd be willing to part with it. I'm putting a complete 08 r1 front end and it came with one.

200.00 shipped PayPal gift or add 4% for regular PayPal payment.

Ill be able to get pics by this weekend for it is 120 miles south of me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back