Recollecting my crash in 2005

bsly

I nearly lost my life in a motorcycle wreck back in 2005. I recently put together this video to share a bit of the experience with friends and family.

The footage is a bit fuzzy, but the video is still pretty cool. I am not sure if its my camera mount or my camera. I used an FZ28 18x zoom camera to film the video, and I think the vibration is being caused by the camera lens vibrating inside the lens barrel.

Hopefully this works (it's my first time embedding a video).
Hope you all enjoy it and please leave feedback

http://vimeo.com/13455590

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it obviously didn't work. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or help me correct it so the video appears correctly?

Vimeos instructions said to copy and paste exactly as I did, but you see what I got. I hate it when things don't go as planned!

All I can say is I'm glad things have turned out as well as they have for you and all involved, considering everything that happened. It sure makes you think how one little innocent mistake, the type made every time we ride, but usually without consequence, can be the end. As fun as it is, as much as we try, riding will always be dangerous. All we can do is try to limit the opportunity and potential for bad, after that, it's not up to us.

I can tell you that I am going out and getting a good, armored jacket now. I've always been lucky, had many spills in the dirt (almost to be expected, but far less dangerous) and a few mishaps on pavement, one involving a car (luckily only at 35mph or less), but I had on shorts, t-shirt and it was one of the few times I wasn't wearing my helmet. I flipped over the bars (had a passenger too), landed flat on my backpack and got a small lump on the back of my head. Everything was fine, including my passenger, except my totaled XT350. That was my lucky day almost 20 years ago. I'm just getting back into serious riding again, first time I've owned a pavement only bike, so I'm convinced that a helmet alone isn't enough.

Thanks for sharing, glad you're here and back on a bike, a little wiser and now sharing that wisdom for the benefit of others like me.

Good luck,
Troy

Back