Rear shock preload adjustment?

Xlerat

I want to crank in the rear preload, because I'm like 280 you know, any ways I'm hammering on that ring castle nut on top of the spring and it won't budge.:looseit: Is that not the way to crank the preload in, what am i doing wrong here...

I want to crank in the rear preload, because I'm like 280 you know, any ways I'm hammering on that ring castle nut on top of the spring and it won't budge.:looseit: Is that not the way to crank the preload in, what am i doing wrong here...

No turning any "nut" to set preload. You take your spanner wrench and just hook it into the notch on the very top of the spring and turn it one lobe at a time. It may be possible that it's on the last notch already???

IMG_2640-1.jpg

No turning any "nut" to set preload. You take your spanner wrench and just hook it into the notch on the very top of the spring and turn it one lobe at a time. It may be possible that it's on the last notch already???

IMG_2640-1.jpg

I think I could eat off that rear end! :rofl: :smoking:

(sorry for the inside joke in your thread, but I couldn't pass it up!) That's a YZF rear end, not an FZ1 rear end, I recognized the picture. (totally same principal) Read Billy's YZF build thread if you haven't. It's a great story that should end today with delivery of a running bike and just sticking all the parts back on. This is the famous post to which I refer.

I'm glad you got your preload set. I have even more weight than you :shame: and even though it's not right for me at all, the max preload really made an improvement. I'm sure you'll notice the change. :yes:

Thats not a picture of the gen 1 rear shock, It is adjusted by taking a channel lock and turning the castle flange nut, the suspention feels alot better now, it was on the lowest setting. That and i noticed my coolant overflow tank was nearly empty so i top it off. :sport12: Took it to the top of the mountain today, its like stone henge up there.

Back