Rear light power tap?

Does anyone know what wire in the tail light harness I should use to get power? There are three and should I try the yellow w/ the gray stripe. I could use some help before I splice wires . Thanks

Does anyone know what wire in the tail light harness I should use to get power? There are three and should I try the yellow w/ the gray stripe. I could use some help before I splice wires . Thanks

???

What are you trying to 'get power' for? Generally I would leave the lighting system alone unless you are adding low load extra lighting. If you're trying to power any accessories off of the lighting system (i.e. heated grips, power commander, testicle massager) I think you're asking for electrical issues.

If you're looking to power something other than lighting I'd do a direct connection to the battery or trigger a relay (solid state, preferably) off the lighting system which in turn gets its main power, fused, directly from the battery.

The three wires on the Gen 2 are:
Black - Ground
Blue - Tail light
Yellow - Brake light

If you are going to pull power off lighting in the back, you should probably take it off the license plate light circuit and use leds for your plate light too. Shouldn't overload anything then.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Back