really got nailed!

:dump: Passing on my F@#$$KEN harley in passing lane .everbody sped up of corse. got behind a BMW! well got 40+over ticket (95) in 55. :banghead: an following to close. and it gets better? how? i have a CDL that i make my living with. I NO I NO i broke the law i agree. the stater seen what was happening but nailed me behind the car he clocked on radar. already have call into attorney. $850 flat rate! God im soooo p#$!ssed at myself. LET THE FLAMING BEGIN!!!! :tdown:

i want my momma!

:bowdown: Nope but my wifes credit card is. shes not happy. she does understand though. idiots do 40 to 45 in a 60. see a double passing lane then WOFT!!!! this is everyday. i paid my attorney tonight. she comes from arlington wa. across ferry to port angeles were me got my unjustly infractions. i didnt do it your ahonor!!!!! i did tell cop i dont need enemies abroad? i got enough in my own country. he replied im out here for your saftey. i said no my money! if i was scared i would call. what happen to let a few walk every now an then. he said i answer to my bosses. i said thankyou your just doing your job. So $900 an counting. she charged me 50 bucks for following to close? LOL!

Ouch. Good luck with that. I was more pissed at myself until i read your story. That could have easily been me.

I took the wife's Ninja 250r around the block for a warm up. I stretched it out for 2 blocks between stop signs in the tiny little town I grew up in. They have a BS 20mph side street speed limit that NO ONE follows until the cops need some money. I made it up to a blazing 48mph before I realized the 2 town cops were having a pow wow in the parking lot by the stop sign. Glad I wasn't on the FZ1! I'm in it for $250 for it to go away in 90 days. The cop wrote it for less to help me out.

You got screwed far worse than me, but I've done what you did, I've just been lucky not to get caught. Again, good luck and stay safe.

Sorry to hear that.

I lived in the Bremerton area for while. Love the riding around there. My buddy and I used to race our 750's up 106 along Hood Canal. Pack up the bikes and head up to Brown's Creek campground and party all weekend. And the night life in Seattle was great back then. Kell's Irish Pub up around the corner from the Market. Good times, good memories. We made it up to Port Angeles a few times too.

Sorry to hear that.
I'm not going to flame anyone for that because we have all done 95 or close. When I was commuting to work down I 35 - We reached cruising speeds of 85 and 90 mph EVERY SINGLE MORNING!!! I'm not talking a few cars - I'm talking LARGE packs of cars and a lot of them. EVERY morning!!!
So five more mph is not that bad. Just sucks that you got caught.

On the bright side. Thank goodness he didn't clock you at over 100mph. That would have been a trip to jail. Much worse. I suppose he could have taken you with the +40 but in Texas - OVER 100 mph = SLAMMER

Sorry to hear that.
I'm not going to flame anyone for that because we have all done 95 or close. When I was commuting to work down I 35 - We reached cruising speeds of 85 and 90 mph EVERY SINGLE MORNING!!! I'm not talking a few cars - I'm talking LARGE packs of cars and a lot of them. EVERY morning!!!
So five more mph is not that bad. Just sucks that you got caught.

On the bright side. Thank goodness he didn't clock you at over 100mph. That would have been a trip to jail. Much worse. I suppose he could have taken you with the +40 but in Texas - OVER 100 mph = SLAMMER

I got clocked at 110-120 one time in a 1990 Thunderbird Super Coupe. It was 3am with no one in miles except for me and the cop. I pulled right over before he ever made a move. He was pretty cool about it considering. He wrote it for 84 to keep me outta deep sh1t. I think I was around 20 yrs old. I didn't have the heart to tell him I was coasting down from about 140+ (the speedo stopped at 120 and it was buried far past). It was amazing how stable and planted that car was at speed.

I also had an early morning commute to a factory job that involved EVERYONE driving between 80-95 on a 55mph road every day.

Here in central CA, if you are not going 80mph+ in the left lane on Hwy 99, "would you please get in the dam right lane?" EVERYONE slows to 65mph until the CHP pulls off, then right back up to 80-85mph. At first I thought my speedo was broken when tandem big rigs were passing me at 70.

I feel ya bro. I too have a CDL and I understand how hard it is to protect it.

A yr ago March, I got pulled over on the FZ at 3 am commuting home. He clocked me at 90 mph, and he was right. I kept my mouth zipped ( real hard to do). Deep into the conversation, I poped open my modular. The look on his face when he realized that he had an "old man" was pricless.

Anyhow, he let me go with a warning.

I always say that its better to be lucky than good.

I got clocked at 110-120 one time in a 1990 Thunderbird Super Coupe. It was 3am with no one in miles except for me and the cop. I pulled right over before he ever made a move. He was pretty cool about it considering. He wrote it for 84 to keep me outta deep sh1t. I think I was around 20 yrs old. I didn't have the heart to tell him I was coasting down from about 140+ (the speedo stopped at 120 and it was buried far past). It was amazing how stable and planted that car was at speed.

I also had an early morning commute to a factory job that involved EVERYONE driving between 80-95 on a 55mph road every day.

WOW!!!
That was lucky! I have to say - my luck is hot and cold. I have been let off more than a few tickets but I have had a few try to nail me to the wall.
You know something you said sticks out - you pulling right over might help. It seems like a polite, respectful approach when talking to the cops is the best way to go.
Back to the pulling over - I was clocked going 20+ once and I had my Ipod ROCKING!!!! Well I NEVER saw the cop behind me. He apparently followed me a while then pulled up next to me and motioned (with PURE rage) to pull over. LOL What followed was similar to the ass chewings that we would receive in football practice when we messed up. After 5 minutes of yelling, making me stand on in one place for a SOLID 10 minutes (I'm sure it's a technique to make you sweat) then he came back a little more calm (and chewed my ass some more - but more calmly HAHAHA). That cop made it very clear that he could take me to jail for 20+. I suppose a cop can arrest anyone they wish - whenever they wish so I suppose I got lucky also. :dontknow:

Back to the original post.........Back in 08 - I had a CDL also. I got it in college and just always hung onto it. Well after 9/11 it got to be outrageously expensive to keep so I was going to drop it when I renewed my license. LOL I never got that far. I got a ticket and found out the hard way that you can't take defensive driving.........EVEN IF YOU are in your personal vehicle!!! WTF is that???

Last edited:
:eyebrow: Im so hosed! my attorney said this is a tough one. she going to try pleaing down sum. i cant control myself with speed. i hate to say this but my new baby might go down the road. 1200 miles on it. posible trade for bmw 800 dual sport. :wtf: got to save my cdl. its my living. always walken on egg shells out there driving. why cops cant understand living alittle. boys an toys! but his reply hes out there for my safte. give me a break! people give a rats ass:cuss: about my saftey. its about control. period. :looseit:

:eyebrow: Im so hosed! my attorney said this is a tough one. she going to try pleaing down sum. i cant control myself with speed. i hate to say this but my new baby might go down the road. 1200 miles on it. posible trade for bmw 800 dual sport. :wtf: got to save my cdl. its my living. always walken on egg shells out there driving. why cops cant understand living alittle. boys an toys! but his reply hes out there for my safte. give me a break! people give a rats ass:cuss: about my saftey. its about control. period. :looseit:

Control and MONEY. They like both.

Sorry. That's a tough one. I hope it doesn't come down to getting rid of the FZ, but I can understand. The FZ1 is NOT content at 55 (insert Sammy Hagar clip here)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvV3nn_de2k]Sammy Hagar - I Can't Drive 55 - YouTube[/ame]
:flip: (or 70 for that matter). I always look down at the speedo and notice I'm well above the 'recommended' speed. I've considered another bike like a dual sport or (I'm almost ashamed to say) cruiser, just to be content at lower speeds. My livelihood isn't tied to my license, so I can easily keep my FZ.

I hope you can work it out. Good luck with it all.

It's a tricky situation for you. Hope it works out!

If you really don't have any self control, have no desire to learn it and rely on your ability to drive to support yourself, maybe you should just quit riding on the street. Why not sell your bikes, buy a trailer and a track bike and get your speed fix riding flat out on the track? You'll never lose your license there :tup:

You have a CDL. You have rules to follow on the job. You can do the same on the street. The key is to have your head in the game, just like when your workin.

Be smart about it. Don't go faster than the surrounding traffic. Get off the major roads and onto the backroads. Try to stay away from the high speed/top end stuff, go for the corner speed. Learn THE PACE, concentrate on getting out for a fun 7/10ths ride and making it back alive, in 1 piece and with no "presents".

As a fellow "professional", I have faith in ya.

I feel your pain

Im a CDL driver and I just got 2 back to back speeding tickets 1 in the big rig and 1 going to work at 4 am HP gets me on lydar. I used to have big respect for the HP but now a days their plain petty. Now I have no cushion, will I slow down Fuck no, that's just how I roll.

Sorry about your luck, but don't sell your bike in the pretence of buying another will less power, because the less powered bike will still do 100mph. To protect your CDL you'll just have to stop making high risk choices, period.

I know, I know everybody with a sportbike speeds at one time or another, or constantly. You just got caught.

I feel for ya. I do not get why people insist on speeding up when they hit the passing lane, or even worse staying on the passing side and blocking those who try to pass.

How loud is your HD? Perhaps the noise factor drew his attention to you?

In my car I have many times hit up to 120 when passing cars, both in the passing lanes and on the broken yellows. It is nice to have a car that can get up to speed super quick, makes passing so much safer for everyone. If I was to pass a semi that is going 64 in a 65 and I tried to do it and stay within the speed limit I would die trying.......

Some cops just don't care.

Back