Ran out of fuel today. Reserve? I don't understand on this bike.

• Thread starter Deleted member 8386
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8386

The manual for this bike says 21 litres of fuel plus 4 for the reserve.

My last bike was a suzy GS500E and the petcock had a reserve position.

In the Gen 1 Thou is the something like this to switch over to reserve if you have run out of fuel?

Fortunately when running out of fuel I had enough momentum to roll up to a guy shovelling dirt and woodchips into his ute and he offered me a ride to get some gas. We took turns on the shovel naturally.

I have been very low before and put in 20 litres but where is that 4 I keep asking myself. By the way when I do refuel I stop the nozzle when the level hits the bottom of the tank inlet pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
The manual for this bike says 21 litres of fuel plus 4 for the reserve.

My last bike was a suzy GS500E and the petcock had a reserve position.

In the Gen 1 Thou is the something like this to switch over to reserve if you have run out of fuel?

Fortunately when running out of fuel I had enough momentum to roll up to a guy shovelling dirt and woodchips into his ute and he offered me a ride to get some gas. We took turns on the shovel naturally.

I have been very low before and put in 20 litres but where is that 4 I keep asking myself. By the way when I do refuel I stop the nozzle when the level hits the bottom of the tank inlet pipe.

There is a petcock underneath the GenI tank but not in order to hit the "reserve". The "reserve" is built into the tank, and when your yellow dash light pops on, you then have about 1 gallon of gas left "total". That should give you at least 38 to 45 miles to find gas.

Back