Rain X

Sure have. It worked just as advertised. LOL. Well maybe not quite as good as the commercial but it definitely makes the water beed up.
Just a word of caution: if your shield has any "anti-fog" coating on it - I would stay away. I took the (very good) anti fog coating off my Scorpion EXO1000 with Windex. I was pissed because its the only coating I have ever had that REALLY worked. Lesson learned!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Also works on your helmet to make the bug guts easier to wipe off. Wax is much better for this purpose but if u have Rain X in ur hand ......

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I haven't used it on my faceshield but I have used it on the car and it works pretty darn good. For the helmet I use the Honda Polish which works great as well. I usually don't ride in the rain at all but the polish cleans the visor really good and if it happens to rain while I'm out, I'm prepared. I would think that Rain-X would work just as well.

I have the same helmet (Scorpion EXO1000) didn't even think about the anti fog being affected by it .I do not try and ride in the rain but it happens from time to time.Wont let the possability of a shower keep me in the cage!!

I have the same helmet (Scorpion EXO1000) didn't even think about the anti fog being affected by it .I do not try and ride in the rain but it happens from time to time.Wont let the possability of a shower keep me in the cage!!

I really don't think that the RainX hurt my Scorpion. I think it was the Windex (with ammonia) that got it. I just wanted to make the point of being careful what you clean your visors with when you clean them

I really don't think that the RainX hurt my Scorpion. I think it was the Windex (with ammonia) that got it. I just wanted to make the point of being careful what you clean your visors with when you clean them

I have the same type of visor and I have heard that ammonia-based products are what is bad for the anti-fog coating.

I use Slipstreamer plastic cleaner for my visors. It's like Plexus but a bit cheaper and I feel it works better.

15cp_2.jpg

It's a cleaner, polish and works well to repel rain and works as an anti-fog as well. I've been using it on the inside of my EXO 400 visor as an experiment and the anti-fog has been ok so far.

RainX Original will cloud lexan plastic over time. Please read the label. ;) Not for plastics. You have to buy Rain-X® X-treme Clean™ for plastic. :tup:

Back