Radial M/C question R1 Fork Conversion

Final part needed for my 08 R1 front end upgrade. As i have the 6 pot calipers fitted i was wondering if i am restricted to the R1/R6 M/C.

These seem to be quite expensive. Alternatively i have found gsxr1000/zx1000r/cbr1000rr M/C's which are more reasonably priced.

Found this M/C also; sizes seem to vary 19x18 19x20 etc, what difference does this make.

Accossato Radial Brake Master Cylinder folding lever Brembo flip up lever | eBay

If i fit this how do i over come the lack of a brake light switch.

Hope someone can enlighten me, its so frustrating only needing this one part to complete the job.

the r1 master cylinder is just fine, and finding used ones are cheap, just look at the r1-forums. upgrading to the 19x18 or 19x20 is a bit overkill on a street bike. i have one on my track bike but on my street bike i just have the stock 08 r1 master cylinder. you can find used 19x18's for about 200-250 but i think they're 350 new.

and 65 pounds for that 19x18 accossato...seems too cheap.

the only thing you really need to make that brake set up about as good as it can be is to upgrade to stainless lines, and race pads. those calipers and master are a great combo, it's what's going on my fz shortly

Last edited:
"This sale is for a flip up lever only - please see our other items for complete Radial Master Cylinders."

:Rockon:

i guess i didn't look hard enough since the op said
Found this M/C also; sizes seem to vary 19x18 19x20 etc, what difference does this make

either way, a bit excessive for a street bike anyway but yeah, the brembo 19x18 is fantastic, you'll just have to buy the brake switch kit from them

the r1 master cylinder is just fine, and finding used ones are cheap, just look at the r1-forums. upgrading to the 19x18 or 19x20 is a bit overkill on a street bike. i have one on my track bike but on my street bike i just have the stock 08 r1 master cylinder. you can find used 19x18's for about 200-250 but i think they're 350 new.

and 65 pounds for that 19x18 accossato...seems too cheap.

the only thing you really need to make that brake set up about as good as it can be is to upgrade to stainless lines, and race pads. those calipers and master are a great combo, it's what's going on my fz shortly

Great info my friend, thanks for that. Have ordered Stainless lines so hopefully will have a M/C by next week so i can begin my much anticipated conversion.

Photo record of parts and procedure to follow shortly

Back