R6 Head on Collision with Truck

This is the definition of an "Oh Sh*t Moment"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeX6t09OThw&feature=fvwrel]Speeding Yamaha R6 Hits Truck Head On Yamaha R6 Crash - YouTube[/ame]

That's crazy. It looked like he had way more lean left in that bike. Survival Reaction :shame: I hope the rider was OK. :shaking head: :tdown:

Me too! That was a brutal crash!
I have not been able to find any follow up on the crash so I don't know the condition of the rider/driver. I did find out this was shot in Russia.

it appears to be a rider and passenger...

rider ejected to side of road, passenger in the middle of the road, maybe helmet not the right fit and it popped off when they hit the truck...

and who knows why they crossed the lines... could have been a patch of gravel that made them lose traction, or a pothole that threw them, or it could have just been pushing it too hard... so sad to hear about these and to see it... :doh2:

I've been on the other side, had vehicles cross the line on me.... been close several times to bailing into a ditch, as I think that the lesser damage of the two options.... always be aware

Sorry to see things like that, but the truck driver wasn't paying much attention either. He didn't apply the brakes until the bike was already half way down the side of his truck.

Sorry to see things like that, but the truck driver wasn't paying much attention either. He didn't apply the brakes until the bike was already half way down the side of his truck.

At the speed that guy was going, and how close to impact it was before he came over the line I doubt the truck driver knew he was going to be hit until after it happened.

I wonder how fast he was going; the camera sure makes it look fast

I wish I could find the answers! I have looked and looked and I cannot find any info online. All I could find is that it was an R6 and it was filmed in Russia. I hope the guy pulled through. IDK - it does look bad but I have seen people pull through some horrible things.

lol i'm guessing people didnt notice the blood spray and guts as the body rolled off the side...probably shoulda tagged that but anyway, it happens, someone rode over their head, thats what happens, and yes, there was a lotta lean left in the bike to avoid that, or roll off the gas to tighten the turn, the rider was just riding above their skill level

also, never go to russia and go near streets. not in cars, bikes, trains, anything, pretty much, you'll die

Back