R1 Wheel for the FZ

bikemad61

Sorry if this has already been discussed but while I know that some later model R1 wheels fit my 09 FZ1, can anyone tell me exactly what model R1 wheels will fit?
Thanks in advance.

I had a stock 04 r1 rear wheel on mine. You have to use the cush drive and spacers from the fz1. The rotor on the fz1 is bigger so it has to be used also but it will bolt on the r1 rim. If you are talking about aftermarket I beleve it would take diffrent wheel spacers because the cush drive on the fz1 sticks out from the rim farther. hope this helps.

Last edited:
04+ R1 wheels work on any FZ1. and ftr the fz1 front rotors are 320mm while the 07+ r1 rotor are 310mm. rear also needs to swap. and yes you need the fz1 cush drive and spacers

Thank you all, I have a minor dent in my rear wheel, doesn't affect balance or feel any different, just exploring my options, repair or replace.

change front wheel fz 1 for R1

finally...

just reuse the spacers fz1 ... and go! works great

change front wheel fz 1 for R1

finally...

just reuse the spacers fz1 ... and go! works great

hey guys,

i am trying to figure out if i can use a set of marchesini 7 spoke genesi wheels made for the r1 on my fz1.

so earlier in this thread it was mentioned that the cush drive and spacers are different on the fz1, and that they need to be re-used. my question is if i can use only the spacers of the fz1 ?
it seems like thats what cangufante2000 said if i am reading his post correctly.

thanks in advance !

hey guys,

i am trying to figure out if i can use a set of marchesini 7 spoke genesi wheels made for the r1 on my fz1.

so earlier in this thread it was mentioned that the cush drive and spacers are different on the fz1, and that they need to be re-used. my question is if i can use only the spacers of the fz1 ?
it seems like thats what cangufante2000 said if i am reading his post correctly.

thanks in advance !

Yes you can, you will need to use your FZ spacers with the Marchesini wheels.

Hi,

I am just a bit confused. It's also a lot of money so I want to make sure it's gonna be correct. I am wondering about the chain alignment and also the wheel alignment of front to rear. Apparently the Cush drive on the fz1 sticks out farther than the r1 so if I get the r1 marchesini it's gonna have a crush drive for an r1, will using just the stock fz1 spacers make it all fit properly ?

It was mentioned that for the swap of the stock parts to work you would have to change both Cush drive and spacers ??

Marchesini lists a forged alum and mag 10 spoke for the fz, but I really want the 7 spoke which is listed for r1. I am hoping that maybe I can buy the r1 7 spoke, and buy the Cush drive and spacers marchesini makes for the fz1 if it doesn't work out using the stock fz spacers. The stock Cush drives won't fit on the marchesini either.

When my rims were made, there was no specific FZ1 rim on the Marchesini list. I sent a reply to your PM.

MIght be best to contact Marchesini and ask them as they would be the ones who would know.

Back