R1 to Fz1

Just traded my 04 R1 on a 2009 Fz1. Heard alot of good reviews on the bike and being I take long trips the Fz1 made more sense. Does not have the power like the R1 of course but it has enough. Looking forward to all the mod finding on this site. Ride safe.

Just traded my 04 R1 on a 2009 Fz1. Heard alot of good reviews on the bike and being I take long trips the Fz1 made more sense. Does not have the power like the R1 of course but it has enough. Looking forward to all the mod finding on this site. Ride safe.
Oh and here is a pic!
Sorry its so blurry taken with my crackberry.

Welcome to the site and the insanity! You will likely be under whelmed by the bike until you do some mods to the intake and exhaust. Rear shock is another weak point but once all is done you get nearly R1 performance with all day comfort!

Yes I know the search button is my friend but I am lazy so what direction staying fairly inexpensive would you go as far as pipe, (I would prefer a black one with a nice sound) and intake. I appreciate anyones input!

I put a TRC yoshi on and they make it in a carbon fiber version. I have a friend who has 08 fz1 and he has a two brothers carbon fiber it sounds good and is more throaty than my yoshi, but having owned lots of yamadawgs, I am hooked on that high pitched whine from about 7,000 up. Its a rush for me and the youshi provides plenty of sound but is quiet around town keeping the cats away from the mice.

Congrats and :welcome: to the site!

Any questions just ask but a search (remember to use 4 or more characters) will turn over a ton of info. :D

Ride safe!

Back