r1 mirrors wow what a difference !!!

since I wasnt very sure the r1 mirrors would fit I bought a cheap set on ebay and wow its fit right there and I now have a clear view in the rear and better looking ride without these bee antenna !! I recommande these for anyone BETTER than the mod with the stock mirrors ! since when you do this mod the mirrors are much larger than oem and make the job harder when passing in traffic a bit tight (for me) lolll

since I wasnt very sure the r1 mirrors would fit I bought a cheap set on ebay and wow its fit right there and I now have a clear view in the rear and better looking ride without these bee antenna !! I recommande these for anyone BETTER than the mod with the stock mirrors ! since when you do this mod the mirrors are much larger than oem and make the job harder when passing in traffic a bit tight (for me) lolll

Are you talking about it fitting a GenII or GenI??

he is on a Gen I (2003) --love the option that Admin made available for the type of bike one rides....

Adam

Wow, then I am gonna look out for some R1 mirrors as well. I hate looking at my arms when I ride. I've seen the mod and rather not mess with them. I'm sure it works well but I just assume pick up some used mirrors. What year R1 mirrors should I be looking for?

You definitely need to post up some pics of how they look. Thanks.

update, the mirrors look good and I can clearly see wider when Im in a track position but when normal driving I alway's see my arm in the mirrors

p7210206.jpg

p7210205.jpg

p7210207.jpg

p7210204.jpg

Last edited:
Haha ya sorry about that part just really like the look and I want to get the mirrors off the r1 but am not sure what year will fit do any of you guys know by chance?

I bought a set of the cheap made in china R1 mirrors. I liked the way they looked but they were just too cheap looking. The rubber boot didn't fit and the bolts are just a tad short. I did some research and guys with the FJR1300 were swapping out their stock mirrors for stock gen 1 fz1 mirrors. The FJR mirrors are shorter so I thought I would buy a set of those. I found a company that sells them but again they are from China. They had some real nice pics of them on their web site along with a vid showing them. I went for it at 52 bucks shipped. I got them and they are way better quality than the R1 mirrors. I like them. Now I am not looking at my elbows but just past my forearm. Here are pics of the R1 mirrors and the FJR mirrors. I like the angle of the R1 mirrors better but its all good with the FJR mirrors.
Cheap R1 mirrors
20151019_152923_zpsth2kyv6h.jpg

FJR mirrors
20151022_165919_zpsaaregir0.jpg

So I rode with the FJR mirrors and they don't work at all on this bike. What I did was I purchased a used set of OEM R1 mirrors from ebay. They are way better then the cheap china crap ones. Anyway I put them on and I also put a bar end mirror on the left bar so I can see everything behind me. Much better IMO

Back