R1 head gasket gains?? It's worth the $ or not???

CRO_FZ1

Hi Guys,

Just one question, has anyone installed a R1 head gasket or changed the pistons to boost up the compression on a Gen II FZ1??? Just want to know If it's worth the money or not. Since the work here in Croatia along with the Head Gasket is worth around 350$.

With the present set-up : Yoshi TRC full system, Large Airbox mode, Ivan's sub-throttle plates, Ivan's FCE, K&N air filter, Factory pro V/S the bike develops 163Hp on the wheel.

Based on your experience what gains could I expect???

Thanks everyone for their comments and suggestions.

Drive carefully

Hi Guys,

Just one question, has anyone installed a R1 head gasket or changed the pistons to boost up the compression on a Gen II FZ1??? Just want to know If it's worth the money or not. Since the work here in Croatia along with the Head Gasket is worth around 350$.

With the present set-up : Yoshi TRC full system, Large Airbox mode, Ivan's sub-throttle plates, Ivan's FCE, K&N air filter, Factory pro V/S the bike develops 163Hp on the wheel.

Based on your experience what gains could I expect???

Thanks everyone for their comments and suggestions.

Drive carefully

Jeez! My GenI probably makes 120 horsepower and thats all I need for me. Your making 163 at the rear wheel and looking for more?! Talk about an adrenaline junkie! I'm not sure about the GenII but Ivan's GenI with the R1 goodies was making I think 159hp at the rear wheel. Your already passed that! Maybe someone that knows for sure will chime in and let you know. Good luck in your quest for horsepower! I love it!

Last edited:
I'm not sure the gains are worth the expense especially when you've already pushed the performance of the bike as far as you have.

A better gain would be the Mini S (Cooper) supercharger bolted on but then you'd have to lower, not raise the compression. ;)

I doubt going through all that trouble to boost the compression a tiny bit is going to make much of a difference. Let's face it, even if it gave you an extra 2-3 HP you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Send a PM to memberjlewis02. I think he even went as far as installing the R1 cylinder head on his FZ1.

Last edited:
Do people do this? Is there a kit or a web site showing it already done? Very interesting !!

No, I think Eric was just kidding around. It would take a serious engineering feat to get a blower on top of that FZ1 engine with the limited amount of room that there is.

No, I think Eric was just kidding around. It would take a serious engineering feat to get a blower on top of that FZ1 engine with the limited amount of room that there is.

I used to have a picture, maybe it's on the site somewhere, of an R1 with a turbo on it. He had to remove his lowers but at least the bulk of a turbo is on the exhaust side of things. It ain't pretty though, and I rode a turbo bike (not mine) back when Yamaha had the Seca 650 turbo, quite a handfull, don't get on the boost at the wrong time or yikes. Especially with the skinny little tires that were on it back then!

You are a walking encyclopedia where the hell you found this dude??? I don't know about you guys but I love the design is very agressive yet beautiful!!!

I love this ride too! That is a LOT of coin for it but if money was no object, I'd have it AND hit the autobahn with her!

I'm no encyclopedia.... just very adept at Google searches. ;) Google knows EVERYTHING! :bowdown:

Back