R.I.P Marco Simoncelli

This is horrible how we lost great rider. On top of that Edwards and Rossi must be devastated since they were involved. I pray for them and their families for peace.
Moto GP and SBK are on the front line with safety and this should not have happened.

very sad news. A great rider is gone too soon....I guess despite safety precautions what has happened could not be avoided. The way his bike pulled him inside on the path of both Colin and Rossi could not be avoided. Seen from the movie if he had let go of the bike it would have gone outbound, but what went through his mind at the time...try to safe it?

Moto GP and SBK are on the front line with safety and this should not have happened.

All the safety equipment in the world will not eliminate the possibility of an on track accident that may cause serious injury, or in this case, death. No rider goes out and thinks, "My safety equipment will prevent me from getting injured or killed". They accept this fact each and every time they pull on their helmets, just as we do when we roll out of the driveway. Such is life.

Rossi and Edwards are two experienced hands and knew things like this can happen, they hope they won't, but they see enough bad crashes to know that nothing is impossible. It was a racing accident, plain and simple, they can analyze how it happened until the cows come home but they won't come up with any real conclusion to prevent future incidents like this from happening. It's the nature of high speed motorcycle racing.

Last edited:
All the safety equipment in the world will not eliminate the possibility of an on track accident that may cause serious injury, or in this case, death. No rider goes out and thinks, "My safety equipment will prevent me from getting injured or killed". They accept this fact each and every time they pull on their helmets, just as we do when we roll out of the driveway. Such is life.

If that is not the case then why do we wear it? I am here today because of safety equipment saved my life while road racing. Otherwise my head would have been splattered all over PIR at 120 mph. My helmet took ten hits and while I was unconscious for about 30 minutes, I lived. I buy the newest and best safety gear because it can save my life. Otherwise fuck it and I'll roll the dice.

This is horrible how we lost great rider. On top of that Edwards and Rossi must be devastated since they were involved. I pray for them and their families for peace.

Yes, I'm very sad about it. Now we ride with another angel in our pillion seat who take care about us... I pray for them too.

If that is not the case then why do we wear it? I am here today because of safety equipment saved my life while road racing. Otherwise my head would have been splattered all over PIR at 120 mph. My helmet took ten hits and while I was unconscious for about 30 minutes, I lived. I buy the newest and best safety gear because it can save my life. Otherwise fuck it and I'll roll the dice.

I'll repeat what I said, no safety equipment can GUARANTEE that you won't be injured or killed in using it. Read all the safety warnings that come with, say, a helmet. It offers no guarantee as to its effectiveness in the event of an incident. We wear safety equipment because it greatly diminishes the chances of serious injury, but it does not eliminate it. I wear a top line, well fitted helmet but that does not guarantee that I won't get a neck or head injury while wearing it. Football players wear helmets all the time, yet neck injuries and head injuries happen all the time. It lessons the chances of injury but CANNOT eliminate the chance of injury.

Simoncelli's death is a tragic accident and we are all sorry to see it happen, but we will never be able to prevent possible serious injury in the future, no matter how good we think the safety equipment, bikes, and tracks are.

Last edited:
I can see in the not so distant future a neck brace with limited movement similar to what the F1 guys use for motorcyclists. 2 guys have lost there lives in little over a year through being ran over the neck area.

But that is not what you wrote. Of course there is no guarantee, but safety gear can prevent injury or death.

Just my :2cents: worth. I thought that was exactly the point that Evitzee was trying to make. Safety gear can prevent injury or death, but there is no guarantee.

Last edited:
I can see in the not so distant future a neck brace with limited movement similar to what the F1 guys use for motorcyclists. 2 guys have lost there lives in little over a year through being ran over the neck area.

Leatte (sp?) make really nice neck braces for on and off road.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

305895_188085984604104_187089174703785_419546_1938344274_n.jpg

Neck brace would be a great help in safety department on a motorcycle but I don't think it will be mandatory. F1 drivers have mirrors to check their 6 and need for head movement is limited. Now on a bike racing or riding I want to make sure I can turn my head as much as I can.

Back