Quiet Slips on's

O

Old Mate

Anyone know who makes a light slip on that has a quieter or deeper note relatively than a Yoshi TRC stainless can ?

The thing works great , but Fck its LOUD even with the DB killer in.

Sounds like im doing 12000 when im only doing 5000.

Doing my head in , worring about the unwanted attention it attracts.

As I ride it everyday.

Im ready to put the standard can back on , just so the cops dont bust me ,
and its fked up my weekend fang.

Id rather be very quick and attract no attention , rather than cops hearing me coming from 5 klm's away .

If you like yoshi they make an r77 which is epa noise compliant. Which the epa rule is 80dBA. Don't know how much quieter it would be than the one you have.

Comparing you tube videos it seems a lot quieter.

Thanks mate . My sticker says 95 db at 5500 rpm , legal for bike .
Early 06 Australian delivery , its less thesedays , my Duc 07 was 90 db legal.
I dont know what it is now.

Ive had loud bikes all my life and this is the same sound as my 85 GSXR750F Superbike , both on the gas and on the overun .

Sounds Superb ! But im not 25 years old anymore either .

This would be way over 100 + db.

I'll take Wolftamers suggestion 1st and do a repack and see what happens.

my delkevic 14 inch exh. is slightly louder and deeper than stock
thats with the baffle in and i still have the cat in the header
its a good value and has a centerstand stop

I also have the Akrapovic with the DB-killer and it is fairly quiet, still more than 10 lbs (4.5 kg) lighter than stock.

Good luck with the search!

MrHix

Akrapovic's slip-on is pretty quiet compared to most.
It's hella long though.

I also have the Akrapovic with the DB-killer and it is fairly quiet, still more than 10 lbs (4.5 kg) lighter than stock.

Good luck with the search!

MrHix

I agree that the Akra is fairly quiet mostly due to it's huge volume, which some people find detracts from it's look. However, short of the R-77 EPA compliant one mentioned above the Akra is probably a great choice for a quiet slip-on that has a nice tone.

Other considerations are the Scorpion and the Holeshot slip ons. PRetty smooth, deep and quiet tone. I hate my Micron for commuting but love it to terrorize the backroads on weekends. It is a quick swap too.

SP Engineering exhaust

Hi Old Mate, I have a SP Engineering Carbon can on my 2008 FZ and it sounds fantastic without being too loud...a removable baffle quietens it considerably...I always put the baffle in when my wife is pillion ( so I can hear her babble! ). The can is 450 mm long with wide slash cut stainless end and looks smick! They also sell a shorter version ( 380mm I think )...a quality product from the UK...A$280 on ebay (UK) and about $60 postage...check it out. Oh it also has centre stand stop.

Anyone know who makes a light slip on that has a quieter or deeper note relatively than a Yoshi TRC stainless can ?

The thing works great , but Fck its LOUD even with the DB killer in.

:wtf:....I didn't think the TRC was that loud. I've got a carbon TRC and it hasn't upset the neighbours yet. How old is yours? Maybe a repack (like suggested by some) will sort it......:cheers:

I can't compare mine to a Yosh but my British made 14" oval Delkevic isn't loud (to me!) even with the dB killer removed and I would assume that thier tri-oval would be even quieter since it has more internal volume. And it's a great value!
Delkevic FZ1 cans
product2206_2p.jpg

More info on the Yoshi EPA-compliant R-77 slip-on:

The EPA compliant system uses more packing, a different baffle, and has a low volume insert welded to the internal baffle. These 3 components allow it to meet the 80dB requirement.

The full system, which is designed for closed course, competition use only, is 102.68 dB with the low volume insert installed.

Sounds like that EPA compliant R-77 is as quiet as stock . I wonder if there are any power gains with it? Obviously there's a nice weight savings...

Back