Quick shift kit

broussos

Anybody in here ever use one of these quick shifters on a gen 2? It attaches to the shift linkage and then plugs in a couple other places electrically and kills the ignition when you upshift.How cool is that.Full throttle shifts. Trying to decide if its worth the effort.

They are pretty fun. I've got one on my R6. Most people use the one from DynoJet, nee: Power Commander. You need a Power Commander 3 and the PC QS. They are very fun and the noise they make at shift is like no other!

You can set them up so they only cut above a specified rpm. Usually 7,500+. Below that gets in the way for street riding.

I have the DJ one, plugged in to the Ignition module. Set for 65ms and above 5000rpm. I use it all the time and love it. Great little gadget, necessary- No, worth it-Yes. IMO of coarse. lolup

I've got a rapid bike3 full system with 2 switchables maps and quickshift:regulated to works from 3000rpm with differents cut times for differents rpm's zones..well I forgot the cluth on city to! And the top is on track:the sound really likes a race bike! But you don't need an injection's module like rapidb or pc to have a quickshifter: on market you can find the gear switch with a very little module that work alone without an expensive inj system(starline produces a very good one for ex). More:my mechanic on an his owner's gsxr1000,build an home made quickshifter using the sidestand's switch! Obviously you can't regulate the cut's time but work!

I'm wondering if anyone has tested these at the dragstrip with and without? I've had guys tell me they are faster than the quickshifter. Any E.T. slips before and after? Thanks.

I'm wondering if anyone has tested these at the dragstrip with and without? I've had guys tell me they are faster than the quickshifter. Any E.T. slips before and after? Thanks.

You should gain at least a good tenth with a properly set up quick- shifter.
I picked up .10-.15 with an airshifter on my old bike.

Most bikes like a longer kill time for the 1st to 2nd shift and you can go shorter for the rest of the gears. If your looking to save every possible thousandth of a second a shifter that you can adjust kill time per gear is the way to go.
You may need 50ms-75ms for a clean 1-2 shift every time.
The rest of the gears you can back it off to 35ms-50ms.

This is really good info. I may put one on later this year or next season, just for fun. I rode a friend's bike (BMW) last year that had one on it, and it was pretty cool.

Back