Question for Mivv Suono owners

Hi all,
I'm new here and just waiting on delivery of my 2010 FZ1N sometime this week.
I'm after some info on the Mivv Suono carbon pipe.
After viewing the Mivv website they show some pretty incredible gains on their dyno charts.
Can any owners of Mivv Suono pipes confirm the extra power?
Have any of you had the bike dynoed before and after?
Also are you happy with your purchase? Any quality issues?
Thanks for any info

I have installed the K&N filter and the MIVV Suono and the bikes gains are noticeable to me. I have not had it dyno'd to verify, but like i said it feels (and sounds) better to me.

Hi all,
I'm new here and just waiting on delivery of my 2010 FZ1N sometime this week.
I'm after some info on the Mivv Suono carbon pipe.
After viewing the Mivv website they show some pretty incredible gains on their dyno charts.
Can any owners of Mivv Suono pipes confirm the extra power?
Have any of you had the bike dynoed before and after?
Also are you happy with your purchase? Any quality issues?
Thanks for any info

Most slip-ons will give you more or less the same power gains. If you're talking full exhausts then that's a different story as there could be more design variations. From looking at their dyno chart it looks like a 5-6 HP gain, which is more or less in line with what I've seen.

Thanks for your replys.
I'm not sure what that dyno chart you posted is for but it's these dyno charts for the suono that I'm talking about:

http://www.mivv.it/risorse/8/206/370/Y023L7 max power dynochart.pdf

http://www.mivv.it/risorse/8/206/370/Y023L7 max torque dynochart.pdf

They show a lot more than 5-6 HP and the Torque gains are huge too.

I saw those you linked as well. The one I linked to was right above those two on the FZ1 page. Those you posted just don't seem like reasonable gains for just a slip-on...

I saw those you linked as well. The one I linked to was right above those two on the FZ1 page. Those you posted just don't seem like reasonable gains for just a slip-on...

hence my original question.The charts do seem very high which is why I was asking if anyone had their bike dynoed before and after.
I have already ordered one on looks alone so I'll post up my findings once I get it fitted and dynoed.

hence my original question.The charts do seem very high which is why I was asking if anyone had their bike dynoed before and after.
I have already ordered one on looks alone so I'll post up my findings once I get it fitted and dynoed.

I have personally not had my bike dynoed, but have seen plenty of other FZ1 dyno numbers out there to know that those claims are just not real...

Ivan has done plenty of development and dyno testing on the FZ1 so take a look at the link below to see more "realistic" power gains from a slip-on:

Ivan's Performance Products

maybe a little offtopic, but the mivv suono pipes have these 2 small pipes at the bit you connect the exhaust to the bike, as if you could choose where to connect the exhaust to, why is that? I've never seen it before.

maybe a little offtopic, but the mivv suono pipes have these 2 small pipes at the bit you connect the exhaust to the bike, as if you could choose where to connect the exhaust to, why is that? I've never seen it before.

This is from PJ's Parts.

IMPORTANT NOTE: MIVV updated the midpipe for the 2nd Gen. FZ1 in order to improve air flow for the FZ1's 5-valve motor, which creates unique exhaust pulses

PJs Parts

thx! I love the suono's, not sure if they sell em here. if not I'll go akrapovic like I had on my fz6..

See below for a good deal...

This place carries them and ships worldwide.
Don't know if this is the best price out there. Maybe search Ebay??

CarpiMoto - Mivv Muffler Yamaha FZ1/Fazer 1000 06- "SUONO" Full Carbon Slip-on muffler

That's not a bad deal at all. Here in the US they go for around $600. At the present conversion rate that works out to a little over $500, but who knows what the shipping will be. Still that may be Drinky's best option if he can't find it locally in the Netherlands at a better price.

That's pretty cheap. They are quoting a 24HP increase in power? This sounds incredibly high. Has anyone dynoed their Mivv Suono yet to prove this??

I got mine from Here for 475 Euro which included shipping from Italy to Australia.

That's right inline with what I paid here in the US. Hope you enjoy it!
Haven't had it dynoed. Yeah 24hp seems high, but would sweet if true!

looks good, tho I am somewhat affraid that the damn customs fee add a shitload again. they did that to my pazzo's as well :p I thought I was buying them cheap from the US..
but, since its from italy, I'm not sure goods shipped within the EU do not require clearing fees.

else its like 5% customs fee, and 19% added taxes. would make including shipping 620 euros..

Last edited:
Well my shiny new full carbon Mivv Suono arrived today and after about an hour I had it installed.
Props to Copperdawg for his exhaust install vid found on You Tube, as it made it really easy.
First impressions: Bloody hell it's LOUD. I took out the db killer and went for a ride around the neighbourhood.
Everyone was looking as I rode past, you couldn't miss it, thats for sure.
It sounded like a MotoGP bike with the loudness and popping on decel.
When I got back I put the db killer in. It's still loud but not obscenely so.
Anyway it looks and sounds awesome, here are a few pics:

P9060041.jpg

P9060043.jpg

P9060045.jpg

Well my shiny new full carbon Mivv Suono arrived today and after about an hour I had it installed.
Props to Copperdawg for his exhaust install vid found on You Tube, as it made it really easy.
First impressions: Bloody hell it's LOUD. I took out the db killer and went for a ride around the neighbourhood.
Everyone was looking as I rode past, you couldn't miss it, thats for sure.
It sounded like a MotoGP bike with the loudness and popping on decel.
When I got back I put the db killer in. It's still loud but not obscenely so.
Anyway it looks and sounds awesome, here are a few pics:

That looks awesome on your bike. Yeah it's a touch loud without the db killer in. I noticed a lot of people looking also when I took it out. I think it sounds great either way though.

Back