question about USA and UK part numbers

silentg

I am wanting anew genuine yamaha FZ1n 2008 clutch cable.
on the microfiche on a UK site it shows the product number as: 2D1-26335-00-00 but on non UK microfiche the beginning of the part number is different: 3C3-26335-00-00

is the prouct the same?

cheers

The FZ1N and FZ1S were both sold in the UK so check to see if the clutch cable part numbers match in the microfiche.
If they do it would be a good bet that the US clutch cable would be the same part.
They didn't sell the FZ1N in the US.

actually having just checked a EU site with microfiche for both N and S versions, the part numbers are the same as the ones i posted in the OP. so by the looks of it the UK and USA versions of the FZ1S are the same.

the thing is there is a huge difference in the price as i have found. the S model is € 47.85 but the N model is € 73.40. :banghead: WTF. i have no idea where i can find out if the 2 different parts are identical and is just have bike specific codes. the only thing different as i can see is the initial 3 digits.

it just pisses me off that it cost less than $30 for a genuine yamaha clutch cable in the USA but over here they want to charge a stupid amount for genuine parts. i could order from the USA but shipping costs a lot more than the actual part GRRRRRRR :shaking head:

Last edited:
Hi all. New here. I know this is an old thread but the difference between the two cables is just the angle of the bend in the outer casing at the bar end. I have a Fz1n and been using the FZ1s cable from the U.S. for the last two years. It's tight, but just fits.

Back