Question about R1 master cylinder swap

I'm currently buying up the parts needed to do the R1 fork and brake swap. I'm going with forks, front calipers, front master cylinder from an '07 R1. My question is, does the stock FZ1 brake lever fit with the '07 R1 master cylinder? Or will I need to get a new lever?

I know 1st gen stuff and its a whole different style lever. Just looked at 06,10 & 15 frt masters and they are old school type, you'll need a new lever.

Ive never been interested in doing a front swap, but i do know something has to be done with the stem. Do you have a blueprint of what needs to be done?

Last edited:
Searching this site, here's the list of stuff I need to do a direct swap of '07 R1 forks / brakes -> FZ1 Gen 2:
  • R1 forks
  • R1 front master cylinder
  • R1 brake calipers
  • R1 rotors
  • R1 front axle
  • New brake lines that are ~50mm longer than stock FZ1 lines (to account for placement of banjo bolt on the mc)
  • A mount for the external brake fluid reservoir
I think that's everything....the only looming question I had was whether I'd need a different brake lever.

Ironically, today im doing the radial swap. Got new lines from hel. Hopefully it all goes together like i envision.

Back