Question about Gear indicator/Speed Healer

PK001

Hi All,

Can someone confirm if my Healtech Gear Indicator Pro (X-Type) will work with a DRD Speed Healer or do i have to go with a Healtech speed healer? Im hearing good things about the DRD Healer and its also cheaper to buy, but not sure if it will be compatible.

I need to know as i have purchased a 16T sprocket and want to do the healer mod at same time. I have not purchased a healer yet.

Cheers!
PK

Hi All,

Can someone confirm if my Healtech Gear Indicator Pro (X-Type) will work with a DRD Speed Healer or do i have to go with a Healtech speed healer? Im hearing good things about the DRD Healer and its also cheaper to buy, but not sure if it will be compatible.

I need to know as i have purchased a 16T sprocket and want to do the healer mod at same time. I have not purchased a healer yet.

Cheers!
PK
I'm not 100% sure but I had a gear indicator and a SpeedoDRD without any problem. I believe they are separate functions.

They sure work together. All the connectors fit!

My only gripe is that at idle it won't show the indicate gear, but as soon you start riding the gear appears. I can't understand why?

Yes they are compatible. It can't tell you the gear in neutral or clutch in because it needs to compare the crankshaft speed to the counter-shaft speed to tell what gear you're in (after running through your gears). Other bikes/gear indicators can show this because the ECU knows what gear is being used to limit power ie Hyabusa PS I'm using both the units you mention no problems. You can also fit a custom X=type into your tach if you have some patience.

Last edited:
Back