Pyro's Twisted Texas Tour '11

I spent last weekend riding those roads with another group and had a blast! I wish I could go this weekend too, but I have to take care of all the stuff I didn't do last weekend. We stayed at the D'Rose cabins, and loved it there. Food reviews, Leaky Feedlot is ok, but slooooowwwwww. They do offer chicken fried bacon which we highly recommend! We ate at the mexican restaurant on the East side of 83, and enjoyed it thouroughly. On Sunday, we ate at Family Matters. It was gourmet in the middle of nowhere. I had the mahi, and the only disappointing thing was that the portion was about 2 ounces. When you go East on 337 out of Leakey, go to Medina and eat at the Apple store. The owner is an FZ1 rider!

Finally, make sure you have enough tire for the weekend. We had a guy who ate though his rear on the chip seal roads down there. He wound up having to limp to Kerrville on Monday, and get a hotel room and wait for the MC shop to open Tuesday. He then had the pleasure of spending $325 for a rear tire to be mounted.

Have fun and be safe! I saw more dead wildlife than living. Let me know if you have any questions (since I was just there!)

As soon a I get home from Miami tonight I will be working on getting my bike set back up for the street I have not touched it since Sunday.

I am going to work on mine tonight - but I have to go to MU to adjust chain and check rear tire in the morning. They open at 10a. May not be able to leave Houston until noon or 1pm (maybe we will take the shorter direct route to Canyon Lake because of the late start.

CAN"T WAIT! :sinister:

I spent last weekend riding those roads with another group and had a blast! I wish I could go this weekend too, but I have to take care of all the stuff I didn't do last weekend. We stayed at the D'Rose cabins, and loved it there. Food reviews, Leaky Feedlot is ok, but slooooowwwwww. They do offer chicken fried bacon which we highly recommend! We ate at the mexican restaurant on the East side of 83, and enjoyed it thouroughly. On Sunday, we ate at Family Matters. It was gourmet in the middle of nowhere. I had the mahi, and the only disappointing thing was that the portion was about 2 ounces. When you go East on 337 out of Leakey, go to Medina and eat at the Apple store. The owner is an FZ1 rider!

Finally, make sure you have enough tire for the weekend. We had a guy who ate though his rear on the chip seal roads down there. He wound up having to limp to Kerrville on Monday, and get a hotel room and wait for the MC shop to open Tuesday. He then had the pleasure of spending $325 for a rear tire to be mounted.

Have fun and be safe! I saw more dead wildlife than living. Let me know if you have any questions (since I was just there!)

That's why you buy steaks at the grocery store in town and cook them youself. The beef comes from local cattle and is outstanding.

I blew my budget on the track day last weekend so I need to pass. Have fun, ride safe and beware of the "Parade."

Thanks Pepe!

:rmwl:

Going to try to video the whole loop.

Sweet. The loop was a blast, but 377 going East out of Leakey to Vanderpool was my favorite road to ride. West is probably the best scenery though. Watch out on 336 coming towards Leakey. About 10 miles or less out, there is a sharp right high in the hills that has a bunch of gravel in it where someone got off the road. Stay towards the double yellow on some of those turns.

sweet. The loop was a blast, but 377 going east out of leakey to vanderpool was my favorite road to ride. West is probably the best scenery though. Watch out on 336 coming towards leakey. About 10 miles or less out, there is a sharp right high in the hills that has a bunch of gravel in it where someone got off the road. Stay towards the double yellow on some of those turns.

wow thanks!

Check the first post for details. Call me to coordinate y'all.

See you in Canyon Lake, or Leakey, or somewhere in-between!

Anyone staying at the lakehouse, call me for the address, or email me.

Packed and ready to hit the road.

5919d1302882793-pyros-twisted-texas-tour-11-dsc02735.jpg

Starting off with 6,421 on the ODO (finally corrected)
5920d1302882793-pyros-twisted-texas-tour-11-dsc02734.jpg

Last edited:
there is not an ihop in Boerne, but there is a dennys it is @ 46 and i10. where can I meet u guys near canyon lake? are u close to daisy dukes?

The Bikes

Carl's Skunk on top of Canyon Lake Dam
DSC02838.jpg

Jeff's '01 on top of canyon Lake Dam
DSC02836.jpg

My '09 on top of Canyon Lake Dam
DSC02833.jpg

Jeff looking cool. You can't see all the gray hair with a mirrored visor. ;)
DSC02830.jpg

All our bikes in Front of Fredericksburg Winery
DSC02824.jpg

Carl, Jeff and bikes in front of the Pacific War Museum in Fredericksburg Texas
DSC02820.jpg

Our bikes below the waterfall at Center Point Lake.
DSC02817.jpg

Jeff's '01 below the waterfall at Center Point Lake.
DSC02811.jpg

Carl's Skunk below the waterfall at Center Point Lake. Love that paint jon BTW. One of my favorites for GenI.
DSC02810.jpg

My GenII below the waterfall at Center Point Lake.
DSC02809.jpg

Not really that exciting to see cows in Texas. Little odd to see them on the road. Me in front of a moo cow.
DSC02793.jpg

Yes, we all got a shot in front of the moo cows.
DSC02791.jpg

Are you really surprised?
DSC02789.jpg

My GenII at the lookout point on 336.
DSC02787.jpg

All the bikes on 337
DSC02767.jpg

All the bikes on 337 where we staged drive bys.
DSC02765.jpg

My drive by
DSC02761.jpg

Jeff's drive by
DSC02757.jpg

Carl's drive by
DSC02752.jpg

Last edited:
Finally made it home!!!! :D
This trip was a blast!!! Great guys and great roads. Of course we had great motorcycles as well ;)
I had never ridden sport bikes with a group of guys before and it was a little awkward for me in the beginning. I remember that there were huge distances between us when we were riding and we were kind of out of sync with each other on the first day. That changed pretty quickly. We figured out how each person rode and we fell into a tight little grouping. It was really pretty cool to see 3 motorcycles moving in unison. All 3 of our bikes have modified exhausts and the sound was awesome bouncing off the walls of those canyons. IDK - just something that I noticed.
Anyway - I had a lot of fun. Hope more of you can join us next year.

Last edited:
Back