Puig racing screen

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
Has anyone used one or seen one on a FZ I'am about to buy one but would like to hear some feed back if anyone has any. I love the Copperdawg but would like to have a screen I can look through. I also prefer a smaller screen.

I have the Puig racing screen and it's a big difference from the original screen. I took the smoke version since this is two toned and darker around the mounting area.

/AGM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the Granit grey and the wind screen looks like it's standard except from the tiny Puig logo. I'm on a trip with my family now but I can take some pictures when I get home in June. After my trip to the Alps in mid June, it is possible that I have some "in action" video also.

/AGM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone here had posted photos of a beautiful screen that had a carbon fiber base and clear screen. To me, it is by far, the most beautiful screen there is for the FZ1.

I spent the last 20 minutes trying to search for that screen but cannot find the post or images. I plan to get one over CD because I plan to continue going to the track and need the clear.

Hopefully someone else will be more successful than I at finding than me. I have to head to work now.

Someone here had posted photos of a beautiful screen that had a carbon fiber base and clear screen. To me, it is by far, the most beautiful screen there is for the FZ1.

I spent the last 20 minutes trying to search for that screen but cannot find the post or images. I plan to get one over CD because I plan to continue going to the track and need the clear.

Hopefully someone else will be more successful than I at finding than me. I have to head to work now.

That is the one that Scottyd is sporting. I can't think of the name either but I am sure he will pipe up.

EDIT: Duh, I just looked at his sig line, Magical Racing http://www.moto-works.jp/bikes/fz1_fazer.html

Last edited:
Yeah I looked for that one too and could not find it. I just ordered a Puig racing screen in smoke. I hope I like it. The Puig web site had some decent photos. I rode a bike with the CD and really liked the improvement of airflow. Hopefully this will be good as well.

I'm debating between the Puig and the Zero Gravity screens. ZG's usually fit very well, but I like the look of the Puig. Let us know how it looks and fits.

Yeah I looked for that one too and could not find it. I just ordered a Puig racing screen in smoke. I hope I like it. The Puig web site had some decent photos. I rode a bike with the CD and really liked the improvement of airflow. Hopefully this will be good as well.

The Puig still maintains a bit of an upright profile like the stock screen. The CD and the Magical Racing angle back more so they are more aerodynamic. I'm leaning toward the Magical Racing screen myself ;)

I'm debating between the Puig and the Zero Gravity screens. ZG's usually fit very well, but I like the look of the Puig. Let us know how it looks and fits.

I had a ZG screen on my bike at one point. Fit and finish were good...not huge improvement over stock.

I had already purchase the Puig when I found Magicals site. If I need to get the Magical I'am sure I could sell this one. I'llsee how the Puig works first. With that said OMG Magical has the stuff that just opens my wallet and takes the money. I'am still sweating. CABON FIBER BABY. I have a addiction. Gauge surround, those crappy plastic pieces on the side of the tank the hottest radiator covers known to man and the swingarm kit Oi my head is spinning.

I had already purchase the Puig when I found Magicals site. If I need to get the Magical I'am sure I could sell this one. I'llsee how the Puig works first. With that said OMG Magical has the stuff that just opens my wallet and takes the money. I'am still sweating. CABON FIBER BABY. I have a addiction. Gauge surround, those crappy plastic pieces on the side of the tank the hottest radiator covers known to man and the swingarm kit Oi my head is spinning.

Yes, that site is quite dangerous...lol. I'll be happy with just the screen for now. After that I will work on suspension for the bike, especially a rear shock and tires. Although, I'm not really in a hurry for either one. I missed out on a used Penske 8983 for $525 a few months ago because I didn't have the "spare" cash for it :(

I received my Puig race screen in Light smoke yesterday. I will get some good photos up tomorrow. As far as function goes, its a nice departure from the stock screen. Airflow is a lot better and noise reduced. Now with that mentioned it looks very much like the stock screen in shape its slightly taller than stock and the "double bubble is a very slight raise in the center of the screen. The black to light smoke fade looks really cool And it say Fazer. Like said photo's tomorrow and big improvement in airflow while retaining a stock appearance.

Here some photos. I really like the fade from light smoke to black.

The stock vs the racing screen, very similar in form.
IMG_9871.jpg

Now some various angles.
IMG_9863.jpg

IMG_9866.jpg

IMG_9864.jpg

IMG_9865.jpg

IMG_9870.jpg

IMG_9869.jpg

IMG_9868.jpg

Back