Problems after being parked for 8 months

You would be surprised at how much having a hip broken in three places will cut into your ride time...

well, you know what I mean. I was not implying that you specifically should be riding with a broken hip, I just find that in general so many people on this site park their bikes all winter and have to do major cleanup in the spring.

The least everyone can do is start the bikes up every few weeks to move the fluids around and get the gasoline out of the carbs. I would think that would make for less work in the spring.

well, you know what I mean. I was not implying that you specifically should be riding with a broken hip, I just find that in general so many people on this site park their bikes all winter and have to do major cleanup in the spring.

The least everyone can do is start the bikes up every few weeks to move the fluids around and get the gasoline out of the carbs. I would think that would make for less work in the spring.

The downfall to that is that mice like the heat generated starting your bike and will nest in your bike causing more issues than dirty carbs/ injectors.

Happened to a riding buddy.
I also had a sled that sat most of the winter only started a few times, one of the times I started it, ran like crap. Carbs and reeds were packed with acorns.

I had squirrels eat a wiring harness on a car once.

I betting a good battery and a good once over on EVERYTHING and you will be just fine.

My CBR wouldn't start one spring. I tried a whole bunch of stuff and finally took the tank off to start troubleshooting. Huge mouse nest in the air filter. Don't know how they decided to pass the lounge chair and climb thru my intake track.

Back