Pricing on stabilizer? And pads help?

Do you guys know if this is actually on sale, or if this is normal price just marked as a sale?

https://www.motomummy.com/hyperpro/hyperpro-06-2011-fz1-rsc-top-mount-active-damper/

I want one, but I would prefer to wait two weeks to order it. But if 400 is actually a sale I could do it tomorrow if needed.

OR, would you rather have the GPR V4? That one looks mighty nice also.

Also, are EBC HH pads good? Need some new pads and am not fully impressed with the OEM R1 Pads..

Last edited:
Regarding the pads: EBC HH pads are really quite good for the money. There are pads out there that stop better, have better feel and so on but it's hard to go wrong with EBC HHs for under $35 a caliper. One caveat: they are not perfect for wet weather riding, although by no means dangerous. I have run EBC pads on more than half a dozen bikes and the verdict is that they don't offer good initial bite when it's wet. Once they do bite, there is ample stopping power but OEM pads (in my experience) offer a better compromise in that regard.

Typically you'll find a hard time finding a pad that stops better in all conditions. I still use EBC HH pads on my bikes because I like their performance but it's just a consideration you have to make if you do ride in the wet. They certainly still stop well in the rain.

There's lots of really aggressive pads out there and lots of good brands but the OEM pads are often the best compromise between stopping power, weather conditions and longevity of both the pads and how they wear the discs.

Can't really help you beyond that. Maybe some other members here have more insight. :)

Last edited:
I run Brembo pads which are very good, but not the cheapest pads. I don't know if they make them for stock calipers, I run Brembo calipers too.

After racing off-road for years and years, I came to love Dunlopads or as they are known today, DP. The braking feel they provide is great for me as it feels the same as I have used for years. DP HH+ is what I reccomend as I use them on the FZ1 and do not want for brakes. I have been known to use them in abundance. I have never cared for the wooden feeling the EBC provide me.

Last edited:
Back