Powers Commander & Choices?

Two Wheels

Gents:

Ive read the power commander posts. TWo questions. In lamens terms, what does a power commander do ?

What am I paying $350 (or whatever) it is for ? Oil/air/fuel mixture ? And is it "adjustable" ? Does the map come with instructions or rather " .... use this map for the FZ 1 ... "

Power commander versus taking to shop and having it profssionally Dynojet or is this the same thing ?

thanks

Here, from the Power Commander Website:

Product Overview
The Dynojet Power Commander plugs inline with your bike’s stock fuel injection system. It uses OEM (original equipment manufacturer) style connectors making installation easy and quick. The Power Commander III USB allows a full range of fuel adjustment, as much as +/- 100% over stock. Adjustments can be made either with a Windows based computer or by using the face plate mounted button adjusters. No permanent changes are made to the bike’s system. Once the unit is removed the bike reverts to its stock settings.
Power Commander Map Database
Dynojet supports the Power Commander product line with the worlds largest map database. We work with all of the leading exhaust manufacturers from around the globe to bring you pre-tested settings for your motorcycle. No guesswork on your part. Every map that we offer was tested and developed on one of our multiple in house Dynojet Dynamometers using our patented Tuning Link software. New maps are developed weekly for all popular applications.

So... that's what it does... you can download the Dynojet software, and play with your own mapping, or, there is a link floating around with a different collection of maps on it, depending on what you have done to your bike...

Basically, on a Fuel Injected bike, this is the equivalent of a jet kit.... but you have much more adjustability... instead of just replacing the main fuel delivery with a different size, you can have the fuel delivery set different at any RPM, and and various throttle openings....

All in all, It's a good investment for a Fuel Injected bike.... If I had a FI bike, I'd buy one.

Two Wheels, as you know there is now the PC V in addition to the PC III. While the PC V says that it's for the '09 FZ1 it will fit the 06-09 model years. You may want to consider the V as it's smaller and will have more features available down the road. I just ordered one and will probably install it next weekend. I just installed a full Yoshimura R-77 CF exhaust on my '06 FZ1. One nice feature of the PC V is the availability of the Autotune module. It will make changes to the maps on the fly so that it will compensate for different mods that you may make down the road. I'll post my results after I install my PC V.

Back