Power Commander V Dual maps configuration

Hi all,
I'm Martin from Argentina, own a '08 FZ1S with Akrapovic Slip-on and K&N.
Here's the question:
I'm getting a PCV with auto-tune and map switch, which I believe will allow me to have
* MAP 1: fuel economy good for cruising and better MPG
* MAP 2: all the juice for Sport configuration

What's the best way to go to achieve these goals? I've read that when the switch is closed the PCV will use map2 with auto-tune right?
So basically I need to know if map1 and map2 should use auto-tune or only map2, in that case is it better to use auto-tune for a sport map or the fuelly map?

Thank you su much people and sorry if the question is too rookie :bowdown:

Welcome Pai
The best thing is to have it dyno tuned and the tuner can do exactly what you want .
I have an autotune but i believe the map im running is a little rich so my autotune barely works .
I have sport and touring modes stock on my bike and after i got the ECU flashed i could tell a big difference .
Once your bike is running right i dont think you will need a switch GOOD LUCK !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Pai
The best thing is to have it dyno tuned and the tuner can do exactly what you want .
I have an autotune but i believe the map im running is a little rich so my autotune barely works .
I have sport and touring modes stock on my bike and after i got the ECU flashed i could tell a big difference .
Once your bike is running right i dont think you will need a switch GOOD LUCK !!

thanks for the answer Lonney.

How do you switch between maps?

I have a Super Tenere so it comes stock with a mode button sport or touring . It a parallel twin so the tourqe starts right away and the motor redlines at 8,000 the FZ motor on the other hand doesnt start making any real power until 7-8,000 RPM . And the FZ has 40 more horses so a map switch might work out great !! GOOD LUCK !!

Cool Looney that's exactly the kind of maps I'm aiming to get. Awesome thing that your bike has it from stock.
Yes Dustin that's the switch I'm going to use to change them on the fly.

My main concern is how to get the PCV configured properly since I've read that auto-tune only works when the switch is closed (in my case MAP 2?)

thanks!

I am using a Power Commander V on my 2008 FZ1. I do not have Autotune, but I am running two different programs with a switch. My bike is basically stock, except for a slightly modified air box. The performance program is one that was supplied by Dynojet. It both adds and subtracts fuel, depending on the RPM and % throttle opening. The bike runs quite well. the Dynojet switch is top notch, but I just used a simple ON / OFF switch, and store it under the passenger seat.

The following will make the tuners go crazy, but I built an economy program myself. In order to do this, I disconnected the O2 sensor, and conducted trials at many different RPMs and % throttle openings. I only changed the values in the program for throttle openings 15% and under. From 20% on up, I used the same numbers as the performance program. There are some values in the table that subtract up to 15% fuel, but the % tapers off as the throttle openings increase, and I did not subtract fuel above 5,500 RPM. After building the program, I reconnected the O2 sensor. Yes, the bike runs a little lean when under very light throttle openings, but the fuel economy has improved by about 5 MPG. I have gotten as much as 46 MPG on easy highway runs. I have discovered that even with the economy program, if you get too heavy with the throttle, then the fuel mileage will be no better than stock, but at easy throttle, plus the economy program it works well.

I believe you can choose which program is #1 and which is #2. It has been a while since I worked with it. Mine has the performance program when the switch is OFF, and the economy program when the switch is ON. good luck.

I would just get a good setup for the bike, the most mpg can be won with "wrist control"
On bikes that have a rain modus the power is cut to 100pk mostly, but I don't think they make them run lean or anything.

Back