Power Commander needed???

Bought 07' recently. Has MIVV slip on w/mid pipe. No engine/air box mods. Do you think I should have a power commander installed to keep from running too lean?

what he said. Your good. You can do quite a bit before running lean. Running to optimal conditions is another story but that road gets expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, you are fine. I'm running a slip-on, full airbox mod and modded flies with no AIS system installed. Still no PC and still running great!

Eric,

How easy is yours to wheelie? I have been going back on forth on flies and airbox mod vs. PC5 with Whittlebeast map.

I'd like to be able to do a roll on wheelie. It's just short of doing that with my MIVV slip on and AIS removal.

Thanks,

Jeff

Eric,

How easy is yours to wheelie? I have been going back on forth on flies and airbox mod vs. PC5 with Whittlebeast map.

I'd like to be able to do a roll on wheelie. It's just short of doing that with my MIVV slip on and AIS removal.

Thanks,

Jeff

Swapping your 17T front sprocket for a 16T should allow you to power wheelie ;)

Eric,

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff, I do not wheelie. I lived out those days over 25 years ago (and paid for it in spades). I live for the corners now. ;) BUT... WOT in 2nd and 3rd, the front comes up on it's own with me laying on the tank... that's when I know I need to shift. :yes:

Eric,

Thanks,

Jeff

The most cost effective way to get that wheelie would be going down one tooth on the front sprocket to a 16T. The trade off, more rpm on the freeway and a little loss in fuel mileage .

Thanks for the info. I really don't want to swap out the front sprocket, so it looks like a set of flies will be on order. That will leave me money for other farkles. Like the chin spoiler, HIDs, and, and, and......

Thanks for the info. I really don't want to swap out the front sprocket, so it looks like a set of flies will be on order. That will leave me money for other farkles. Like the chin spoiler, HIDs, and, and, and......

A full exhaust will add some torque lower in the power band for easier power wheelies as well. Since you already have a slip-on a set off Arrow headers might be the ticket for you.

Yamaha FZ1 Headers by Arrow (2006-2011)

Thanks to everyone for the info. I just installed the cut flies, programmed the PC III with a Dukes Stage III map, did the Lars airbox mod, K&N filter. Next up is to check the cat and gut it if the prev owner didn't.

Back