power commander maps

oliver

Hi i am thinking of buying a power commander but all the maps i have looked at for a akrapovic say with baffle fit.But i want to take baffle out so just wanting to know if i fit a commander is it going to be ok.PS are they worth the money thanks

Hmmmm,,,,, My opinion, if all you have changed is the slip-on, then no, it's not worth buying a PC.

BTW: I see this is your first post,,,, Welcome

I've had my PCIII since 2008 and it was installed within about three months of buying the bike. I'd say I'm pleased with the purchase and the results. I know the hardware and the software of the thing and I can change it at will if I make any other changes to the bike. I installed a MIVV Suono when I put the PCIII in and have subsequently done the air box mod. Your bike will most likely run OK without it until you go beyond just an aftermaret can, but sooer or later you will either go farther with the mods or want to see what modified fueling will do. I'm not sure what this "new" ECU reflashing is going to do to the PCIII business, but nevertheless, the PCIII does give you the ability to massage the fueling no matter what the baseline is.

Hi. Like I always say on this kind of thread,a pc3 or 5 like all the injection's modules(I don't know why everybody buy pc3 when buzzaz have a traction control that works well..)consent you to modify a lot of parameters lieng to the stock inj module that on the great part of series bikes is made to doesn't accept changing.. On this way you can made differents maps selecteonable from a switch or from the optional lcd monitor,with different torque's curve,or hier rpm limit,more or less max power and many other things. So buy a pc and use a map from a friend or a standard fz1 from dynojet is like to stay with Pam Anderson for a night and only kiss her..(I love Pamela!!). On a dyno dealer you can create the maps that fit perfect on your bike and decide what is better for mode1,mode2 ecc...in Italy cost 100 so I'm sure that in Usa is cheaper like everythings about motors.. Only on this way you'll be sure that your money are spend well!

Hi. Like I always say on this kind of thread,a pc3 or 5 like all the injection's modules(I don't know why everybody buy pc3 when buzzaz have a traction control that works well..)consent you to modify a lot of parameters lieng to the stock inj module that on the great part of series bikes is made to doesn't accept changing.. On this way you can made differents maps selecteonable from a switch or from the optional lcd monitor,with different torque's curve,or hier rpm limit,more or less max power and many other things. So buy a pc and use a map from a friend or a standard fz1 from dynojet is like to stay with Pam Anderson for a night and only kiss her..(I love Pamela!!). On a dyno dealer you can create the maps that fit perfect on your bike and decide what is better for mode1,mode2 ecc...in Italy cost 100 so I'm sure that in Usa is cheaper like everythings about motors.. Only on this way you'll be sure that your money are spend well!

The popularity of the Power Comander products, at least in the U.S., is because Dynojet has been building performance enhancement products since I can remember and I've used them for jet kits when I had carbed bikes and their power commander line since I've had FI rides. They have about as good a reputation as anyone in the business and they offer a good line of maps of their own and most owners who buy a P.C. will develope and trade their own maps so the number of different Power Commander maps out there are almost unlimited.

From what I can see on Bazzaz's website the traction control option is only available for the Yamaha R1 and R6, not the FZ1 :(

Don't pull out your baffle. The pipe is designed to be run with the baffle, taking it out is akin to running an open pipe. Not good for a bike. On the street to maintain a torque curve at all you need some sort of back pressure which the baffle provides. Even with the proper map to provide good air/fuel ratio you will make less usable power with the baffle removed. Why spend all that money on a slip on, and negate all the R&D the company did by removing the baffle?

From what I can see on Bazzaz's website the traction control option is only available for the Yamaha R1 and R6, not the FZ1 :(

the top bazzaz module.with traction cont shiftgear and multimaps works on every bikes: TC in particular is a very simple twice sensor,one on rear weel and the other on rpm cave..a dealer can install it on every bikes. On superbikeitalia,my favorite bike's magazine,they just tried the module on a Z1000 and on a brutale 1098rr and talk about a great suprise to discover how good that module is. Dynojet is a great factory but pcIII is on the market from more than 7 years that are a life when whe talk about electronic's stuff! My rapidbike3 is also an old thing but on a little box I've all the functions that pc3 system has with the complete set(3 modules and a lot of caves...need a lot of space..). Anyway an inj module must harmonize the engine expression in particular when you change stuff like exoust,air box,increase cylinder's size ecc..so independently from what model you chose,the right and personalized tune is the moust important think..

Back