Power Commander Mapping

Hi I bought a Ivan's FCE and PC3 from him and he installed his map for my bike - Mods i've done on bike are - reduced flys, cat gutted, Slip-on, LARS air box, K&N air filter, AIS blocked off.

With the map he gave me the bike is so much nicer to ride. But I have heard that the USA fuel is different and there for the map need adjustment.

Does anyone have a Map that I could use with the mods i have done to my bike.

Thanks

Unless you have a 06 FZ1 why did you buy a FCE?. If you have 07+ a PC3 & ignition modual is all you need. This is what pisses me off when forums let vendors post information that is misleading for their financial gain. The FCE is designed to cure the snatch on the 06 models, claims are it gives you 2-3hp in midrange but that is debatable & they want $200+ for simple resistor if that?. An IM would have been $ better spent.

Unless you have a 06 FZ1 why did you buy a FCE?. If you have 07+ a PC3 & ignition modual is all you need. This is what pisses me off when forums let vendors post information that is misleading for their financial gain. The FCE is designed to cure the snatch on the 06 models, claims are it gives you 2-3hp in midrange but that is debatable & they want $200+ for simple resistor if that?. An IM would have been $ better spent.

I have owned an 06 and now have an 08, I can say this for sure the 08 is definitely smoother but the trrottle snatch is stiil present just less intense. I don't think the FCE is a bad investment...is it necessary? Maybe that is debatable, but any mod that increases performance has value, it just depends on you and how you like your bike set up. There are many FZ owners with 07 and newer models that swear by the FCE, frankly I have considered it myself. Ivan's products are tested and proven based on all the research and information available on his website and several forums.

I have owned an 06 and now have an 08, I can say this for sure the 08 is definitely smoother but the trrottle snatch is stiil present just less intense. I don't think the FCE is a bad investment...is it necessary? Maybe that is debatable, but any mod that increases performance has value, it just depends on you and how you like your bike set up. There are many FZ owners with 07 and newer models that swear by the FCE, frankly I have considered it myself. Ivan's products are tested and proven based on all the research and information available on his website and several forums.

Did you try going with a PC3 before you went to an FCE on that 08?

IF you spend a fair amount of time above 7500 RPM and at 0 throttle like road racing, then on the later bikes an FCE may be a reasonable option. If you ride around the streets at semi-reasonable speeds, then just doing the PC3 or 5 most likely will be plenty.

AW

Back