Post your lady with her bike

Heres a pic of my better half with her 2009 FZ6R

100_2568.jpg

btw..............she's smiling on the inside LOL !

That's an AWESOME looking bike!

Did you get the Roaring Toyz lowering link? If so, the instructions were written by me and the yellow bike in the photos used to be my wife's FZ6R. ;)

Michele did love hers but we needed a much more powerful charging system for her and needed it a little lower so the FZ1 was a better fit. She loves this bike the best.

I really liked the FZ6R though. It wasn't much lighter than the FZ1 but it "felt" lighter... smaller and very flickable through the corners. Not the most powerful but for a Yamaha, it was linear and predictable... smooth! Fun bike! Michele rode it from NH to MI and back. :tup:

Us somewhere in upstate NY on the way to MI.
attachment.php

Eric, how much did you lower the FZ6R for Michele? I'd like to see Jodie go from the Ninja 250r to the FZ6R, but I think she'll go for the Ninja 650 instead (still a good bike) if she ever decides to upgrade at all. I've heard the FZ6R is pretty easy to lower front and back. (Ninja 250 back only). I don't know how the Ninja 650's are to lower.

Maybe in a few years when my son turns 16, she'll give him the Ninja 250 and move up. My son has been eyeing a 2009 ZX-6 Monster Ninja. Nope... not a first bike in my book! LOL I just uploaded some photos from my iPhone, so maybe I can find some to post of Jodie and her Ninja, but I'll need new ones with her new ZG DB dark smoke screen. :)

This is my girlfriend Teri with her '02 YZF600R. My friend Scott bought this after years of not having a bike after riding my 2000 Bandit 600. He had it and took great care of it and sold it to get a '07 GSXR750 about four years ago. He ended up trading in the GSXR and getting an '09 FZ-1 in 2010.

She loved riding with me on the Bandit and we talked about her riding and she expressed interest in riding. Last year I bought an '07 FZ-1 that she loves riding on with me with the Corbin seat and backrest.

We kept talking about her riding and she was really into it. I happened to be at the Yamaha dealer and saw Scotts' old YZF600R (I knew because of a sticker on the swingarm) so I mentioned it to the guy riding it that I knew the previous owner. He said he was trying to sell it to the dealer because he signed to buy a GSXR-600 and his friend backed out of the deal to buy it for $2500 and he had already committed to the GSXR-600 from a different place. After hearing they offered him $1500 for it I offered him that on the spot in cash. I ended up giving him $1600 for it 'cause he had new pads, front and rear.

Worked out great. He brought it by just as she got home. She thought it was a friend of mine and I asked what she thought of the bike and how it felt to her. She liked how it felt and fit so I told her it was hers. Think she was in shock for the next hour or so.

After rebuilding the front forks (left fork leaked), clutch, frame sliders, new tires, chain, and clutch cable she loves it. She is coming along quite nicely for never having ridden, she's doing awesome actually. She will take the ABATE motorcycle training course this weekend and if she passes will be fully licensed.

Best gift I ever got her!

View attachment 10409

Last edited:
That's an AWESOME looking bike!

THANK YOU!...............She gets compliments everywhere we go, most people think that we had the paint/graphics custom done, but it is a factory pearl white paint with the graphics. Being that we bought it new / leftover she tracked one down and it was almost an extra 150 miles to go get it, but it was worth it.
Even looks better now with the rear fender elim on it :tup:

The "better" half on her 2006 Kawasaki Mean Streak...

5528_1036165444667_1129946_n.jpg

I dislike cruisers, but she loved this one. Rode it for several years before switching to a Kawasaki Ninja 650R. This shot was taken by me and then photoshoped with backgrounds and such for a calendar project. Unfortunately, the calendar was never produced, but there were some GREAT shots of the gals for every month of that year.

Jodie's bike is a stock, metallic black 2009 Ninja 250R purchased new in spring of 2010 (I tried to talk her into the Red and Black Special Edition 2010, but she just wanted black). We have added lowering dog-bones with 3 notches. She tried the middle which was about 1.5" and she could flat foot it, but it was just too low. I talked her into raising it back up to around 0.5" lowered from stock and that has been very good. The front can't be lowered without changing the bars, so the front is still stock. I can't imagine what the 3" or greater last hole would have done.

I bought her the rear seal cowl as she doesn't take passengers, but it's not on in the pictures because of the tail bag. I have an adjustable aluminum kick stand because of the lowering kit (I wanted black, but they were out of stock when I ordered). She has "Ride It" adjustable levers in black with 'titanium' adjusters which helped her immensely. I've also added the dark smoke Zero Gravity Double Bubble which I think looks great, especially on the black bike, but she doesn't notice much difference in wind (better in tuck, but overall not too much). I've put Mobil 1 4T 10w 50 in it with a Wix filter.

We are considering a Corbin seat, braided brake lines and a K&N air filter. I don't think we will mess with the time and expense of a slip-on. I'm trying to convince her to move up to an FZ6R or a Ninja 650. Now with the Ninja 300 and CBR500R (or CB500F) there are more choices. I still think the 600 would be the route to go, but we shall see. We would keep the 250 as my son is 13 and daughter is 11, so I'm sure they will be happy to ride the 250 in a few years.

You'll notice how her exhaust is shinny in the top picture, but nasty in the bottom 2. We had just finished about an hour ride in the rain in the shot on the ferry. We were happy to be out of the rain, but needed gas and a bathroom badly.

I don't know how the Ninja 650's are to lower.
Not too bad. Depends on how low you need to go. Joyce is 5'4" on a "tall" day (at best). We added the Kawasaki -1" saddle, custom ordered a Hagon shock, then lowered the front end to match. We had to take an inch out of the kickstand, but we really needed to go an inch and a half. The stock kickstand is hollow, so my welder buddy cut out an inch and worked his magic with the welder. He just happened to have a piece of rod laying around that fit inside the hollow perfect, so it was an easy job for him. Like I mentioned - if I had it to do over we would have taken an inch and a half, but it works ok - just can't park on an incline without being REAL careful.

The wife can "almost" flat foot the bike now. Her heel is off the ground by maybe half an inch or so. If I recall, the hagon shock lowered the bike 1.5 inches and the saddle took off another inch - so we're 2.5 inches lower than stock.

There are quite a few threads on other forums concerning lowering the 650R. It's a popular bike for the gals - and it was a great bike when I rode it as well. I moved up to a Hayabusa, but kept the 650R as a second bike. After awhile the wife got tired of having to refill her Mean Streak several times on every trip we took so she sold the cruiser and took the 650R as hers.

My wife grew-up with 3-brothers, surrounded by Camaros, Mustangs, motorcycles and boats. She hopped on my FZ1 a few weeks after I got it (this pic) for a spin around the block in our neighborhood. It’s dusk, and the slower shutter-speed makes it appear she’s going a lot faster than 25mph. :) She may go through the rider’s course and get her license after the kids get older…

darth5oh-albums-06-fz1-picture3667-jfhride.jpg

Last edited:
New fz1 girl..................

Here's a pic of my wife with her new to her 2009 Granite/Raven FZ1. She moved up from a 2009 FZ6R. After riding my FZ1 a few times she decided she wanted one of her own. Shes got a lil over 500 miles on it and loves it.

Here's a pic of my wife with her new to her 2009 Granite/Raven FZ1. She moved up from a 2009 FZ6R. After riding my FZ1 a few times she decided she wanted one of her own. Shes got a lil over 500 miles on it and loves it.

Nice!!! Same exact swap my wife has made! Is that lowered with the Soupy's link and stand? Has she complained about the harsh ride in the rear? Michele's only complaint is because of this. The angle of shock after applying the extremely lowered link renders it nearly useless. Traxxion said they could build us a shock 1" shorter without hurting travel. That will take up about 1/3rd of her Soupy's adjustment and still keep the same seat height. This will allow the shock to actually work for the bike, not against it.

Regardless, very cool to have her on the FZ1!!! Congrats!!!

Nice!!! Same exact swap my wife has made! Is that lowered with the Soupy's link and stand? Has she complained about the harsh ride in the rear? Michele's only complaint is because of this. The angle of shock after applying the extremely lowered link renders it nearly useless. Traxxion said they could build us a shock 1" shorter without hurting travel. That will take up about 1/3rd of her Soupy's adjustment and still keep the same seat height. This will allow the shock to actually work for the bike, not against it.

Regardless, very cool to have her on the FZ1!!! Congrats!!!

I put a Street Bikes Unlimited adj. link on the rear, lowered it almost 3", then slid the forks up in the triple tree about 2" to try to get it balanced/level. As far as the kickstand, I cut the foot off of the stocker, cut 2 1/2" off of it and then Tig welded the footpad back on. Other than its shorter you'd never notice its been modded and most times my skills can save me money.
I also put some 434racer adjustable levers on it for her small hands, she was having trouble with the clutch (especially with a lil heavier pull than the 600) being to far from the bars. Wether its her bike or her sled, I do have to put some work into making it what I call " almost kid size comfy " for her, but it's worth it to see her happy & excited about her new toy. And you know what they say about a happy wife = happy life...........
Got a Graves FE and a MIVV slip on coming to dress the bike up and get rid of that suitcase of a muffler (LOL) and I think she's done.

The shock thing makes sense, but she has only mentioned the front being very stiff, and I can understand because I run my fork spring preload on the softest on mine for comfort so I think we are going to look into a set of softer springs for hers. Once she has a lil more seat time we'll see what else she might find, but she is very happy with her upgrade.
Thanks for the congrats!

The wife and I riding Bear's Tooth Pass. She rides the Sportster 1200 Custom. I had to ride the Ducati a little slower than I would have wanted to but she had a blast and thought it was a special accomplishment to ride the pass.

Back