Possible oil bolt over tightened

Hey there ...I may have over tightened my oil drain bolt . With the season starting I am nervous about attempting to remove it and causing damage to the oil pan . So ...I’m thinking of removing the clutch cover and using my pump extractor to remove the oil through the hole on the bottom of the cases. Has anyone done this ? Thanks John in Denver

Hey there ...I may have over tightened my oil drain bolt . With the season starting I am nervous about attempting to remove it and causing damage to the oil pan . So ...I’m thinking of removing the clutch cover and using my pump extractor to remove the oil through the hole on the bottom of the cases. Has anyone done this ? Thanks John in Denver
Hot wrench.

So what makes you think you over tightened it???? What damage could you do by trying to remove it... Did you get mixed up when upside down on tightening it or loosening it the wrong way??? Just remove it then you can buy an oversized dain plug,or a standard thread instead of a metric

So what makes you think you over tightened it???? What damage could you do by trying to remove it... Did you get mixed up when upside down on tightening it or loosening it the wrong way??? Just remove it then you can buy an oversized dain plug,or a standard thread instead of a metric
Well I applied way too much pressure when installing it last oil change . It turns out there was some damage to the threads . I pulled two threads with my finger . But I got lucky
Purchased a new drain bolt , had it drilled so I could safety wire it , carefully tighten it until I felt the crush washer would not leak ,
safety wired it and its not leaking
May need to replace the pan next oil change …but I may get lucky again

Well I applied way too much pressure when installing it last oil change . It turns out there was some damage to the threads . I pulled two threads with my finger . But I got lucky
Purchased a new drain bolt , had it drilled so I could safety wire it , carefully tighten it until I felt the crush washer would not leak ,
safety wired it and its not leaking
May need to replace the pan next oil change …but I may get lucky again
You could put a couple wraps of Teflon tape to help seal the threads from leaking too.. Plus a couple drops of locktite. But safety wire is great too...
You can also look for a standard thread drain plug. The threads are coarse but thread in tight with the metric threads.. Just like a 6mm bolt and a 1/4-20 bolt. A 1/4-20 bolt will thread in tight to a stripped 6mm bolt hole.
You might already know this...

Yes on the tape , may need to do that next oil change . I did not know about the metric to standard options. Would that really work on a oil drain bolt ? Thanks John

Back