Possible heating Concern

CBXR

Hi, I am purchasing a new to me 2002 blue next week. A question-Some people have mentioned a dramatic rise in temperature in stop and go traffic.
I am considering adding the lower bodywork. Any thoughts or chritism would be really appreciated.I am presently running a collector 81 CBX and a 79 cbx. They will run all day say from British Columbia to Sturgis, but crossing in the border traffic can be a problem.

As long as the fan is working and the coolant is good there's no need to worry about sitting in traffic. Even with full fairings the bike will cool off fine. You on the other hand might not take too kindly to having that hot air blow on you (unless it's cold out, then it's a welcomed relief :D)

Re overheating concern

Many thanks, I live in the great white north of British Columbia, I still have snow on the ground in in our yard. I will welcome the heat in the early morning. I am an early riser an ride with a electric vest. I am looking forward to riding a modern bike.

Well I Bit the bullit, I am leaving to pick up the bike on friday it is located in Oregon . With a little luck the lowers
will be waiting at the mailbox as I cross the border. So iI will have a couple of weeks to clean up the bike before I get the paperwork from the federal govement, I am importing the bike into British Columbia. It's okay I live in the high country at over three thousand feet. I will appreciate the extra heat from the lowers.
many thanks for all the replys.

Well I Bit the bullit, I am leaving to pick up the bike on friday it is located in Oregon . With a little luck the lowers
will be waiting at the mailbox as I cross the border. So iI will have a couple of weeks to clean up the bike before I get the paperwork from the federal govement, I am importing the bike into British Columbia. It's okay I live in the high country at over three thousand feet. I will appreciate the extra heat from the lowers.
many thanks for all the replys.

Good luck with the bike and be sure to post some pics when you get it.

Back