Porting intake boots..

Prongomatic

I think my next project is to replace my cracked intake boots on my 04 FZ1. I successfully used epoxy to seal the cracks, but I figure this is a short term solution.
I'm thinking of porting the boots. Has anyone done this? If so any gains involved? Or is it a waste of Dremel time?
Thanks

I think my next project is to replace my cracked intake boots on my 04 FZ1. I successfully used epoxy to seal the cracks, but I figure this is a short term solution.
I'm thinking of porting the boots. Has anyone done this? If so any gains involved? Or is it a waste of Dremel time?
Thanks

im curious about this mod as well. Im a few weeks from exhaust + jetkit + airfilter + tuning

According to Ivan
fz1.htm
it's worth 5 HP above 8k RPM so definitely a worthwhile mod, especially if you're replacing the boots anyway (or removing the carbs to install a jet kit).

I concur. I already have Ivan's jet with a Yosh Tri-oval installed. My main concern was how to port them without shaving too much material off and ruining the ionized pressure ballance that flows to the carbs. I've noticed on older posts that this has been attempted but the directions were pretty scant.
Stay tuned!

Back