Port St. Lucie LEO's Rule

So the now "ex-wife" decides she'll fly my daughter to her on an old credit card of mine. I discover this, hell breaks loose, and now it's resolved; she'll pay. I reminded her Avery has two homes now. If she wants to fly her "home" i.e. her mom's house (we sold the house we lived in so technically Avery has no home) she will pay and vice versa.

To blow off a little steam I take to the streets of Port St. Lucie on the FZ1. The cops have been really cool around here so racing light to light and such doesn't seem to bother them. I've even unwittingly passed them a few times in my little bursts of speed. Up ahead I see a whale of a guy on a whale of a noisy Harley. Time to make trouble. I catch up to him we both make a left turn but since he needs a lane and a half to do it I take him inside and blow away. He tries keeping up for a while in the lane next to me and even has the audacity to add more noise pollution and gets the relic up to 60 MPH.

Norm: Scotty, I need more power!
Scotty: It's ready and waiting captain. You haven't used any any yet.

Right. I twist the throttle and pass him so fast my second hand on my watch clicked backward a notch. Just for good measure I weave in and out for a mile or so until even the gigantic frame of the Harley guy is just a spec.

I stop for a light and then I hear a quick siren. I check my mirrors and an unmarked car is flashing his red and blues. So I pull over towards the curve and await my fate for a few seconds before a woman in the car ahead of the cop yells to me: "He wants to talk to you." I look over and he's still in lane but leaned all the way across to the passenger side with his window open. He yells: Hey, cool your heels OK?" Stunned I just yell back "Yes Sir" and nod my head in understanding. Away he pulls. Wow! I love it down here. I decided to pull off and ride a nice rout Eric and I found along the inter-coastal. Don't try that in MA or NH.

Good to hear you had an encounter with a "motorcycle" friendly cop that was having a good day. Just don't bank on the same outcome every time ;)

You are living well Norm.
I had a recent experience where I had a Hiway Patrol nail me. I mean he really could have made my life difficult on 3 different tickets....and one of them would have been painful.
I explained that I was driving a car today because it was so cold and I just didn't feel like bundling up. I only had a 5 mile drive to work. He asked "What do you drive?" When I described my motorcycle he asked "Do you wear a grey jacket and black helmet?" I paused and my eyes got wider..."Yeah, I see you everyday". Then he said "35 degrees is time to winterize".
He let me go as long as I promised to get everything fixed by Monday.
I have had my FIRST encounter with a cool (edit: EXTREMELY COOL) Texas Hiway Patrolman. :cheers:

Gotta ask Norm: How fast were you going?

I hit close to 80 in a 40 MPH zone. I don't think he clocked me, I think my weaving caught his eye. Where he came from I have no idea. I normally have a keen eye for cops, marked or not, but for obvious reasons I was thinking of other things.

Nice to know that they have a heart and are a bit understanding down there. Norm is right... do not try this in New England. They don't turn on the blues unless they fully intend to give you a ticket! No sense of humor up here!

Norm, you get that evil-eye every time you see a Harley. You are like Yogi when he sees a rotund pit bull! Now we know where Yogi gets it from, right? : oops: :lol:

Nice to know that they have a heart and are a bit understanding down there. Norm is right... do not try this in New England. They don't turn on the blues unless they fully intend to give you a ticket! No sense of humor up here!

Norm, you get that evil-eye every time you see a Harley. You are like Yogi when he sees a rotund pit bull! Now we know where Yogi gets it from, right? : oops: :lol:

I think you figured it out Eric!

I live in St. Lucie on the eastside by Green River. I have never seen you ride.

Have you ever been up Skyline Drive with its 150' elevation that overlooks the Indian River?

I live in St. Lucie on the eastside by Green River. I have never seen you ride.

Have you ever been up Skyline Drive with its 150' elevation that overlooks the Indian River?

I've ridden that Indian River Road (I believe that's the name) dozens of times but I don't believe I've been 150' elevation ever in Florida, lol. If you can PM me your cell and I'll hunt you down. We're in the northwest part of Port St. Lucie.

Back