Platen and Tank Bag Question

sirupate

I used to ride a BMW, so that explains my latest mod. thought. It occurred to me, in the farthest recesses of my mind, that it would be nice to be able to just flip my tank bag forward when stopping for fuel, as opposed to lifting the tank bag off completely, fueling, then replacing (with magnets).

I know that platen/tank bag set-ups exist for BMW bikes, with their brand adventure-touring emphasis. Why not Yamaha too?

So, does anyone in the FZ1 community have this, or know of a source? I looked and found stuff for BMW's, but am unsure about something like this for Yamaha's.

Jeff

Givi tanklock and Bag Connection offer the same kind of thing. The tanklocks in particular and very nice and thing; the advantage of the Bags Connection version is that since it is metal you can use it as a power coupling as well to power things inside your bag.

I want to go with the tanklock system but the bag I really want is a Kappa RA308 and they don't appear to be available in the US.

Tank bag.

I tried out a couple tank bags and found the Cortech Super 2.0 18 liter had the best fit, finish, size. The original bag I tried was too long @ 16.5 inches. The Cortech bag fits perfectly on the handlebars while refueling. The magnets are strong and I haven't noticed the bag shifting on the tank at all while riding. Refueling takes maybe 30 seconds longer with the tank bag.

I finally got the Cortech Super 18L sloped bag this week after having it on order for three months.

It's a nice bag and fits the sloped rear of the tank acting like a tank guard. It doesn't interfere with my knees on the tank and I can rest my belly/chest on it.

All I need to do for fuel is flip it forward, about 2 seconds and flip it down when finished another 2 seconds.

The usable space is somewhat limited do to it's shape which is the only down side.

Back