Pilot Road 4. Ohh yea

42...recommended pressure for our FZ's

I run 38.5 on most rear tyres, and I get approx. 5,000klms more then friends who run 42 using the same tyres, doing the same club rides and speeds, being hard on and off the throttle also chews up rubber , :icon_beer:being smooth is the answer

Last edited:
I've been trying to get everyone I know to get away from the supersport tires and go with PR series.
Honestly 95% of the time the PR's hook better than the q3's I had because its not always 90* here.
The supersport tires shed heat too fast to hook worth a damn in 65* weather. The PR series doesn't have that issue.

well, my latest set of PR4's has 5,000 street miles and 4 track days of medium group instructing on them. and they still have 50% life left. don't have an answer for you. maybe your pressures are too high, roads too rough, suspension not set up properly...talk to a tire dealer/michelin dealer and ask because, its not normal, anywhere

I just replaced my Pilot Road 4 after 13,616 miles - which included a track day an my first Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1000. Probably could have stretched it quite a bit more, but I decided to have a little fun.

I'd love to see some photos of everyone's PR4s. I'm still not sure what I'll get after this existing set of Roadsmart II are finished. I'd actually love to try the PR4, though.

I have these on the front of the Super Ten for 2,000 miles they work great and are well worth the money
75a6285eec507b8b751bde4fb6376164.jpg
f0c7617766e7e1fbb541a80b6bd8ccfe.jpg

The RS2 on the back is not fairing well (my fault)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK not a PR4 but this is my PR3 after I was nearly taken out by a car that came out of a side street right in front of me. I still don't know how I didn't hit him it but I did lock the rear wheel.
image.jpg
I was surprised when I found that my records showed it had over 13,000km on it, this is the most I have ever got out of a rear. So I figured it was time for a new PR4.
image.jpg
So far so good. Very happy with the PR4 and we'll see how it goes.

Back