Pilot Road 3's or Conti Road attack 2?

So now I'm bummed about my tire and the freaking screw that got in there. I'm wondering though, what you guys think. I am thinking of spending the extra 32 bucks and buying the PR3 but I feel as though I'd be doing a disservice to the Conti's that I was going to review with regards to mileage for you guys. I know it's my decision but I'm just trying to make a decision. I know the PR3's are probably better than the Conti's in wet circumstances but being that I don't or won't ride in rain do you guys think that I'd get better wear out of the PR3's or the Conti 2's? All your input is welcomed and appreciated.

Hey fellows, just wanted to give you guys a head's up. I just paid 186 bucks for a Michelin Pilot road 3 rear tire 190/55ZR17 free shipping no tax from amazon! I think that's a great deal no?

Sounds like a great deal. You should try the Q2's next time they take a second or two to warm up, but after that they are sweet. Got my last set from cycle gear 225.00 front and rear with warranty.BTW this is what Keith Code fits his bike with.

Thank you. I am not sure how I'll do it but I have plugged car tires before with good success. I think if there is a way to do both I will. In my other post Wolf posted a link I'll read and see what I'll do.

PR3s are awesome. I put some on my FZ1N a month ago and have ridden them in the rain alot and they give so much confidence. I had to do an emergency stop in the rain as well to avoid maiming a pedestrian and there was absolutely no slide at all.

Needless to say they are awesome when it is dry as well.

Just got the front and about to do the rear with PR3's. I got my rear, 190/75/17 for $171 and some change from motorcycle superstore. Also had a 10% off coup...

Just got the front and about to do the rear with PR3's. I got my rear, 190/75/17 for $171 and some change from motorcycle superstore. Also had a 10% off coup...

Is that a typo? The standard size is 190/50 17, I know some use a 190/55 but a 190/75!!

But thats a great price. I just bought a set (front and rear) here in Australia for AUD$449 which I thought was a bargain. I haven't put them on yet, I still have to wear out the PP2CTs.

I'd be interested to know what you think of them once you get a few miles up.

Last edited:
Is that a typo? The standard size is 190/50 17, I know some use a 190/55 but a 190/75!!

But thats a great price. I just bought a set (front and rear) here in Australia for AUD$449 which I thought was a bargain. I haven't put them on yet, I still have to wear out the PP2CTs.

I'd be interested to know what you think of them once you get a few miles up.

Just saw this, just ordered a set of truck tires, so I guess I combined the sizes. It was a 55 I went to and the new PR3s have been great. It turns so much better in the corners.

I have the Pilot Road 2's in 190/55 on my FZ1 and I adore them. I've heard the PR3s are even better. They will definitely be my next tire.

Just saw this, just ordered a set of truck tires, so I guess I combined the sizes. It was a 55 I went to and the new PR3s have been great. It turns so much better in the corners.

I just got new PR3's too and love them for the few hundred miles I got on them before winter hit. :( (I don't know anything about the Conti Road attack 2, sorry.) I thought about the 190/55, but stuck with the 190/50 because there aren't any curves in central IL. I just figured they'd flat spot sooner with the higher profile. Where the @#$% do you ride to find curves in central IL?!? :confused: :box: :poke:

Last edited:
Back