Pillion Seat Cover

old rice

I ordered one of these from Greece. I found a 3 part paint system from Duplicolor , Toyota red metalic that is almost a dead ringer for my 08 red. Any way painted it today and posting the pics. I will follow up with the install. I also have the SV650 risers now and went back to the original screen. New tail tidy and flush turns in the shop waiting for me to get of the bike and install:rmwl:

Paint was way cheaper than the original OEM stuff. 8 coats of light coat primer 10 min between.
1/2 hr wait then 8 coats of medium coat red 10 min between. Wait 1/2 hour then 12 coats of clear 10 min apart. Looks like liquid.

Last edited:
I can't wait to pictures of it installed. Nice job. Now you need to get rid of the pillion pegs.

Bye Bye. I do need to get rid of them. Never had a rider. They will come off when I do the tidy. Thinking about the LED tail light but cant decide which one.
I kinda like the one that looks like a pair of exhaust outlets. The color is super close and it was about 70 bucks cheaper if you figure in compatible primer for the OEM paint.

Last edited:
Some pics installed.

It takes some fiddling to get it to fit. I had a little reaction from the clear and color so I may repaint later. It looks good for now. I had to bend the supplied brackets to a sharper angle and put the bumpers supplied on the brackets. Also put a washer under the latch catcher in the midle of the seat and it will plug right in. I think if a person had a bare seat pan you could get a 100 % perfect fit.
I direct sunlight it seems just a tad lighter but I think it is the extra amount of metalic in the paint shining.

Last edited:
Back