Pillion Footpeg options?

NAPA121

Guys,

My wife says that she is getting some vibration from her footpegs when riding pillion.

Can anyone recommend pillion footpegs with rubber grips for a 2010 FZ1-N as I reckon that'll sort the issue?

Cheers
Neil

I have FJR passenger pegs with rubber pads on my Gen II FZ1.

The pivot hole through the peg is larger in diameter than the hole in the peg mount on the FZ1. You can enlarge the holes on the FZ peg mount, or what I did was made a sleeve to go around the smaller FZ pins that made them a larger diameter. I made my sleeves out of brass .223 shell casings using a dremel tool. I also had to grind a small amount from one of the corners of each of the FZ1 peg mounts to allow the proper clearnace for the FJR pegs to fold up.

The final result looks great and the pegs work like a charm.

The other option is to try some quality rubber (slices of a radial hose work great) washers between the pillion brackets and the subframe to dampen the vibrations before they get to the pegs.

Guys,

My wife says that she is getting some vibration from her footpegs when riding pillion.

Can anyone recommend pillion footpegs with rubber grips for a 2010 FZ1-N as I reckon that'll sort the issue?

Cheers
Neil

Hey Neil

Hope you are well.

Her in doors has reported no problem with vibration ooooer missus when shes on the back.....just make sure sommat not happening that shouldn't be.

Take care

Tony.

Cheers Tone,

I don't think it's bad and she said she would put up with it (so cant be that bad) but I think it's just different to what she is used too.

I had a Buell XB12Ss before which is very vibey but it vibey in a different way to the FZ1. The FZ1 buzz is due to higher rpm than the Buell and so she notices it in her feet a little.

Thinking rubber covers on the pegs should do the trick so just looking for an after market alternative.

Regards

I always ride safe Tone :)

Def up for a meet...I'll be riding until the ice starts and always aim to get out so just give me a nod and I'll meet you at either Wessons or Ace for a brew and a burger.

When spring arrives we'll organise a day ride out.Maybe try to get Rusty out too.....That's what these bikes are meant for:tup:...From me to you (and visa versa) is a great ride (A272 & B2026) so I wont need much persuading to get me out :)

I have still never met anyone who actually owns a FZ1 and finding it a little strange as I thought there were loads about before I bought one:confused0024:

Yep def up for that.................mind you tis the rain keeping me in, hate getting the bike wet lol.......i know a wus...... soon as I get a free day coming and weather is good ill let you know....guess you work shifts?

Nope...Don't work shifts so don't get out as much as I would like :(

Always try to get out when i can though....That damn FZ1 is just sooooo addictive:Rockon:

Would the front rider footpegs fit the pillion footpeg holders so that you could use the rider footpegs where the pillion footpegs are?

Cheers

Back