Pics of my '08 FZ1

I decided to get out and get some good pics of my FZ...

My efforts for today :Rockon:

AeroShed1800x600.jpg

AeroShed2800x600.jpg

Bridge1800x600.jpg

Bridge2800x600.jpg

Graffiti1800x600.jpg

RedDoor1800x600.jpg

RedDoor2800x600.jpg

ScrapYard800x600.jpg

Graffiti2800x600.jpg

Grass800x600.jpg

LeafyShed800x600.jpg

Monster800x600.jpg

MonsterCombo800x600.jpg

Parking800x600.jpg

Puzzle800x600.jpg

Nice pics. Like the theme that you've gone for....street jungle.

I notice that you also have the fastest colour.....whoa...incoming!

I've had some people asking where the pics were taken so a brief spiel about each below...

Pic 1 & 2: This is an aero shed near work (Yeerongpilly), I was just cruising around when I saw it. Because of the colour of the bike I needed dark colored backgrounds to get the contrast.

Pic 3, 4, 11 & 15: These are across the rail lines from work, and up the road from Pic 1 & 2. I was looking for some big concrete structures, the 3rd & 4th pics is where there is a walkway and overpass with train lines going around them. I was going to wait for a train to go past but couldn't be buggared waiting lol. Pic 11 is directly across the road from Pic 15, it was really interesting that there was such a stark difference between the two shots...

Pic 5 & 9: This building is actually next to my work, I was looking at it Friday arvo on my way to work and thought it would make a good backdrop.

Pic 6 & 7: I was heading out to Nudgee and I saw this red shed door in a side street.

Pic 8 & 10: Looking for more 'industrial' pics I went for a cruise out to Pinkenbah and saw this junk yard that was easily accessable. There were lots of locations I wanted to take pics at, biggest problem is most are fenced off and you can't get anywhere near them.

Pic 12 & 13: I was riding around New Farm looking for an alleyway I'd seen a while ago, unfortunatly it was blocked off, when I did a u-turn I saw the Warrior Swine! I think the second pic looks like he's checking out the bike, and the third panel looks like he's about to hijack it!

Pic 14: This was taken in the carpark of Brookside shopping center. I'd done some shots here before with the ZX6 and loved the orange lighting. I was doing pics when the trolly cart came past and I just snapped it on a whim, it turned out to be the best shot for that set. It's really quite and eerie shot because it looks like the bike is floating, or it was added to the background, but that is the actual pic unedited.

I took about 200 pics yesterday, these 15 were what I thought was the best ones :thewave:

I'm glad this thread was reborn. Great pics and an awesome ride! I really like the FZ1N version and would have selected that over the faired version if they were sold in the US.

$2500 for a custom plate though? or is that $25.00 instead?

Unique bike! Love it!

sick

ok. that bike is sick. i want one of those sooo bad. i live in the u.s. and yamaha does not offer that model here. only the model with the full fairing. any idea on how i can get one of those to the u.s.? is that model sold in autralia? do you know anyone who does exports to the u.s.?

Yep that price is about the same as the UK. Some of my MT-01 crew have modified their bikes with the FZ1 unit (it looks a bit like the MT logo). Awsome.

Nice looking bike, Love the exhaust and nice job on the pictures. it'a shame we don' have the full naked version over here.

Last edited:
Which mirrors are those?
I got those ones from eBay... no name thing... they were actually for a Ducatti originally, and I had to trim part of the bracket off so it would fit snugly.

Very nice pics!
Is that a Viking painted on the wall?
Hahah... I don't know, but I call him the Swine Warrior... just saw him on a wall when I was riding down the street.

Beautiful Work! You like graffiti I see.
Am I reading correctly? $2500 for custom license plates?
$2500 for a custom plate though? or is that $25.00 instead?
Yes that's $2,500 for a set of custom plates in sunny Queensland Australia... I have 2 sets, NIGMA for the bike and ENIGMA for the car. The funds from the custom plates are put towards driver safety programs for high school students, so I think its for a pretty good cause as well.

is that model sold in autralia? do you know anyone who does exports to the u.s.?
Yeah this is standard in Australia and Europe, but I believe they make conversion kits in the US for them.

Back