Pics From Today's Ride

I got out today with my buddy Ray, (AKA Canonfuji) from FZ1OA, and he was nice enough to snap a couple of pics. We rode up to Route 218 which is just North of the West Point Military Academy. I tried to run a little hard today up there but didn't feel comfortable. I think its because the last time I was up there was just before Spring. It's a narrow road to begin with and now alot of shrubs and plants have grown in and protrudes into the lanes making it appear even more narrow. So just to be safe I took it easy and kept it under 60mph. Ray is what you would call an amateur photographer. He can ride really good as well. Enjoy the pics. They are from a small turn-off or overlook which is along side the Hudson River. Your actually on a cliff up a few hundred feet.

Route218-3.jpg

Route218-2.jpg

Route218-1.jpg

Route218.jpg

Great pics,

It is so like a bike owner to go on a ride in beautiful country and post pictures of his bike! :sport12: The thing that scares me is that I totally understand and would do the same thing. Thanks for sharing. Love your bikes.

Love the last picture.....sepia tone and I can't wait to get the lowers mounted....BTW, you not looking too bad yourself (assuming that is you standing on the wall)....

Adam

Last edited:
Thanks! Yes Adam, thats me. I told you that Ray is a great photographer. He'll make anything look good. I still got another 40lbs. to lose though. When I was 35, I was able to drop 25 or 30lbs. like nothing. Now at 47, it's requiring a bit more work.

come to find out that the missing screen in my lowers -- which were purchased this evening were on the front side of the fairing and not the side screen. PO had installed some sort of turnsignals and removed some of the screen for the post to thread through.

So, just waiting for them to be shipped and then off to more touchup to get all nice and BLACK!!

Adam

Glad you were able to get in a ride. Our weather has been just the pits. For the most part 40's-50's and rain or mist. I had to run down to the Detriot area yesterday and it's amazing how going 200 miles south can have such a positive affect on the weather. It was quite nice down there this morning and by the time I got back home about 12:30 p.m. it was back to 50 degrees and rain. By the way, what is the body of water in the background?

Great pics! Any plans for a Catskills or Bear Mountain tour? My wife and I did one in 2007 with the FZ6 group. Great place to ride! The views were spectacular. There were a lot of deer out during the day on Bear Mountain too.

Very Nice. The last time I was in your hallowed state I sent up along Lake Champlain then up to Montreal. Had a grat time but my French sucks and that was a bit of a problem, especially when you put your credit card into a gas pump and you have absolutely no idea what it's trying to tell you.

Back