Perseid Meteor Shower

I just wanted to throw this one out there for you guys in the Northeast and live far from the city lights. I am sort of an astronomy buff and never miss these showers. They are truly amazing to watch. I'll probably be heading up to Bear Mountain tomorrow night at around midnight to check it out. I'm going to bring the video camera to see if I can capture anything. They are forecasting over 80 an hour!

MeteorShower.jpg

MeteorShower2.jpg

If you've never seen a meteor shower live I highly recommend it.

I've caught this a couple times but never at its peak. And tomorrow night here is supposed to be cloudy with thunder storms! I missed the Northern Lights last week because of clouds and fog. Argh!!

Skies may be clear enough here tonight. I am going to set my alarm for midnight. I already have my camera and tripod in the garage ready to go to avoid any condensation later.

If I manage to get any shots I will post them.

I have not seen a meteor shower since I was in elementary school visiting my grandmother in Colorado.

Skies may be clear enough here tonight. I am going to set my alarm for midnight. I already have my camera and tripod in the garage ready to go to avoid any condensation later.

I have not seen a meteor shower since I was in elementary school visiting my grandmother in Colorado.

I like pictures.....:tup:

Thanks Brad. Of course it's raining here in NY. This is the third time in a row that I've been shut out of the show. Three years ago was the best I had seen with an average of 1 or 2 a minute. This year would have been better since the moon is in crescent state. I hope you get lucky. It really is spectacular. The best is being able to actually hear them whiz across. Good Luck!

Well I saw a few. Not a lot. I read in the NASA site that 3-4am would be the best time so I got up at 3. I took a few hundred pics but did not capture a single meteoric streak.

Back