Penske 8987 Rear Shock 2006 - 2014 FZ1

Penske 8987 Rear Shock 2006 - 2014 FZ1 - SOLD

Penske 8987 Triple Adjustable Rear Shock With Remote Reservoir for 2006 - 2014 Yamaha FZ1.

I bought this shock less than 1 year ago new for $1400 and still have the receipt asking $800. Been used for street only and has about 2000 kms / 1200 miles of use and is in excellent condition.

Spring rate and dampening are set for a 240 lb rider with gear, however, the spring and valving are user rebuildable/tunable if you need something different. Built in preload and dampening adjustments easily allow for setups that require more weight capacity. Dialing down the weight will require different spring and or dampening shims which can be easily ordered from Penske.

In terms of modifying and upgrading your bike's performance, my experience has been that a quality shock is one of the most significant things you can do to improve the experience of riding. There are pages and pages of posts on 998cc.org from more knowledgeable people than me who can further explain the benefits.

This shock is highly adjustable and can be used to dial in the performance handling of your bike in very precise ways. For example, the low speed and high speed compression adjustments allow for a soft and comfortable ride at cruise that hardens up to firm when the pace picks up. It also has an adjustable length shaft which you can use to raise or lower the height of the bike to suit your size and style.

Location is Vancouver Canada for pickup in person and will ship using registered mail anywhere in Canada and continental US. I prefer Paypal as payment option to protect both buyer and seller.

00Y0Y_ga9FtuVV5YM_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Spring rate and dampening are set for a 240 lb rider with gear, however, the spring and valving are user rebuildable/tunable if you need something different. Built in preload and dampening adjustments easily allow for setups that require more weight capacity. Dialing down the weight will require different spring and or dampening shims which can be easily ordered from Penske.

View attachment 20771

Damping..................It's damping. Unless you are making it wet.

Back