PCv on 07 FZ1

Hi All
Just got bike back from having power commander (v) installed.Dyno figures before was 125.94 hp too 134.39 RWHP and torque goes from 76.2hp to 88.4hp

R these no's correct, bearing in mind that bike is stock std except for power commander,seems a little high for just a PC V and nothing else?:confused0024:

Input would be appreciated

Regards

ne quid nimis (nothing in excess)

If no other mods were done I do find those figures kind of high. Most people only install a PC V once they have done other mods so they can modify the fueling accordingly. I had never seen a before and after dyno for just a PC V.

They seem a bit off and yes, it is amazing what you can so by changing the fuel mapping. Now imagine this with the airbox opened and a full exhaust system... ;) Do you know if they used a wide band exhaust probe? Proper fans for cooling? What was the air temp?

Good numbers!!

Last edited:
They don't seem too far off and yes, it is amazing what you can so by changing the fuel mapping. Now imagine this with the airbox opened and a full exhaust system... ;) Do you know if they used a wide band exhaust probe? Proper fans for cooling? What was the air temp?

Good numbers!!

Well they do seem high for just a PC V. I was just looking at Ivan's site and he got a 7.7 RWHP increase, but in addition to the PC he had a slip-on exhaust and FCE.

I know the dynos used are probably different so I'm not looking at the overall HP numbers, but rather the delta and 8.45 RWHP difference for just a PC V seems a little high. Just saying...

Well they do seem high for just a PC V. I was just looking at Ivan's site and he got a 7.7 RWHP increase, but in addition to the PC he had a slip-on exhaust and FCE.

I know the dynos used are probably different so I'm not looking at the overall HP numbers, but rather the delta and 8.45 RWHP difference for just a PC V seems a little high. Just saying...

Just a slip on won't net much in the way of power with the stock header(with cat in place). The FCE only helps mid range gains and not the top number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a slip on won't net much in the way of power with the stock header(with cat in place). The FCE only helps mid range gains and not the top number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do believe that this was asked of Ivan before and the stock header used in his tests was gutted so the gains with a slip on should have been significant.

They seem a bit off and yes, it is amazing what you can so by changing the fuel mapping. Now imagine this with the airbox opened and a full exhaust system... ;) Do you know if they used a wide band exhaust probe? Proper fans for cooling? What was the air temp?

Good numbers!!

speaking greek to me, sorry don't know how,just got dyno graph from installer (will scan and attach).Do know installer is approved by power commander.:embarrased:

The before (stock) 125.94 hp seems about right. On this site and in Mag articles, I've seen other dyno numbers up to 130 hp completely stock, just a different dyno, different day.

Your almost 9 HP increase to 134.39 hp does seem like quite a jump, but we all know that the stock fueling isn't exactly right, so maybe those are good numbers.

Back