PCV AutoTune module and Givi side case mounts

Hello all. I am new to the board and have been doing some research on mods and luggage. I just bought a 2009 FZ1 Raven and I come from an 1999 R1, so with the move to a fuel injected bike there seems to be a whole lot of stuff to learn. The previous owner made a few mods (FE, corbin seat, tail light w/ integrated signals, flush mount turn signals, and 2 bros slip on) and I am looking to continue with some mods for power. After reading through a lot of threads this is what I have come up with as an initial start:

- cat gut
- Air flow mods (copperdawg's throttle plates, airbox mod, BMC air filter)
- PCV w/ a stage III map from the Duke's download pack (This map seems to be the best aligned with the changes I am making unless anyone has a tip. I plan on taking it to a dyno, but it is just going to be a few months till I can get there.)

So is the AutoTune module worth it for the PCV? I can't find a lot of tips on it, so I am kind of assuming that it isn't.

I also plan to get Givi side cases, but after looking at the diagrams and pictures from others I got the impression that the stock fender was required for stability. Does it need a crossbar or can it just be removed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Josh

Josh,
While the Autotune sounds good in theory it doesn't work very well in motorcycle applications. I know they have similar products for cars and they work fine, but I say just save your money.

As for the Givi I don't think that you necessarily need the stock fender, but it would make things easier. I'm sure you can fabricate your own bracket to attach each side bracket to each other in the back. The only thing that you'll probably need to figure out is if you want to add rear turn signals again or just stick with the integrated taillight.

Thanks for you input. I will definitely need to consider what to do with the Givi mounts and turn signals.

By the way, what map do you use?

Last edited:
Thanks for you input. By the way, what map do you use?

I've been using Dukes' Stage III map and it runs good. I have tried a few others, but this one feels the best for my bike. I'm sure it would be better to actually dyno tune it, but right now I don't have the money (or desire) to do that.

Back