PC3 Map for no flies?

skote

hi im new to the forum and to FZ1 ownership...had it about 2-3 weeks now but ive done some mods and could use some help or insight mods are as follows and i need the best map for the setup if possible

2006 fz1

blocked AIS
GTYR slip on
Lars air box
no flies
stock air filter (descreened)
and pc3 obviously

i probably would have picked a different pipe but it was on the bike when i got it so cant complain

im using a duke map now and i have some pretty noticable hesitation below 4500 rpm if i open up the throttle quickly im assuming its getting too much air not enough fuel......other question is should i just get Copperdog flies or ivans or can i smooth this out with the right map?...thanks everyone

Hey, welcome! Congrats on the new ride. You'll be happy with her. I'm a "GenI" guy and know nothing about the Maps and all that computer mapping stuff, but don't worry cause someone will be by to help out soon! Where in NY by the way??

I live a little south of buffalo and thanks. I love the bike ive owned a lot of bikes for my age i think this is my favorite so far..... I've had a vstrom dl1000 zzr1200 zx14 2ninja 650s ninja 250 drz400 and a xt225 but I've always wanted the fz1 and i finally got to get one for a great price so I jumped and sold my everyday rider the 650...the fz1 is no zx14 but stil plenty plenty quick and way more Comfy :)

You can always try adding some fuel in that area to see if you can begin to minimize the hesitation. The great thing about the devices like the PC is you can play around and always go back to a starting point. If you begin to have some success save your current point and continue working. IMO the flies will help, the throttle bodies on the FZ are really big as is. Some moderation of incoming air is probably a good thing.

All bikes are different, fuels are different. This map makes my bike rock, over 150 at the wheel and over 100 at 6000 rpm. Very close to 12.5 AFR from idle to red line.

I'll load it up today thanks weather finally broke in western ny been 38 and rain Ill possibally order the.flies soon spent my extra money on the bike lol not sure if i got a good deal on it but i love it

that's what i was thinking what flies should I go with ivans or cd or are they so similar it doesn't matter

I would go with Ivans flies. My Copperdawg flies had a rough edge / ridge on the edge where they were cut and needed to be sanded to slip into place.
The first one I tried to install scraped the paint / coating off the spindle.
My Copperdawgs also did not come with new screws, Ivans do.

Back