Paint job during the winter

I'm getting the bike painted during the winter. It's silver at the moment and I'm intrested in several colours, but can't make up my mind.

I would like to make it black, but I don't think it will look that good, because the frame and wheels are bluish. All black bike would look nice, but not with blue those blues. It's always possible to get the wheels painted also, but the powder coating will cost a lot.

So, options are blue, red, green and white. Green wouls be little different choice for Yamaha. I'm thinking dark metallic green, like this: http://www.dmmultimedia.com/e92/BMW_E92_M3_green.jpg

Would the green fit FZ1? Or should I stick with the original FZ1 (red, blue, white) colours?

I'm getting the bike painted during the winter. It's silver at the moment and I'm intrested in several colours, but can't make up my mind.

I would like to make it black, but I don't think it will look that good, because the frame and wheels are bluish. All black bike would look nice, but not with blue those blues. It's always possible to get the wheels painted also, but the powder coating will cost a lot.

So, options are blue, red, green and white. Green wouls be little different choice for Yamaha. I'm thinking dark metallic green, like this: http://www.dmmultimedia.com/e92/BMW_E92_M3_green.jpg

Would the green fit FZ1? Or should I stick with the original FZ1 (red, blue, white) colours?

It's your ride. Put on the colour that You like the most. Why stick with the crowd, be an Original. Then the FZ really will be yours. The only draw back to having a one off, is that the local police always know the bike, but if you are a law abiding citizen that doesn't matter. Personally a unique colour is always interesting.

fathersdaytrip151.jpg

Thats the color I would go with. Its called Candy Tangerine

It's your ride. Put on the colour that You like the most. Why stick with the crowd, be an Original. Then the FZ really will be yours. The only draw back to having a one off, is that the local police always know the bike, but if you are a law abiding citizen that doesn't matter. Personally a unique colour is always interesting.

That's true. Maybe I will just go with the custom colour that no other FZ1 has. I'll let you guys know the result when the bike is painted.

And the orange looks pretty nice :D

Don't forget the fairing inserts and the side covers, as well as the hugger. Painting the fairing inserts makes a big difference.:party0011:

+1. I am considering contacting CopperDawg to see what he would charge me to paint those. I am loving my painted radiator side covers he did for me.

Don't forget the fairing inserts and the side covers, as well as the hugger. Painting the fairing inserts makes a big difference.:party0011:

That was the plan all along :) Something like this, but with the green:

But I won't paint the wheels, bacause it costs too much at the time.

Ok... Thats sick looking now that you can really see what it would look like.

It does look a bit odd :) But so do the blue and red that I made with Photoshop. I'm taking the bike for painting in two weeks, then you'll see the result and the final colour. I think it's either green of blue :D

It does look a bit odd :) But so do the blue and red that I made with Photoshop. I'm taking the bike for painting in two weeks, then you'll see the result and the final colour. I think it's either green of blue :D

I think he meant sick in the good way. It does look pretty nice for green, although I'm more a fan of dark colors... hence buying my fz1 in raven/granite grey.

Back