Paint codes

Does anyone know the paint code for the front fender, tire higher, and the trim piece in from of the tank are for a 2009 granite grey? These pieces are black and I'm thinking they are the raven color but not positive.

I work parts in a Yamaha shop and just looked it up for you. I'm showing that the 2009 front fender came in dark grey metallic g (dnmg), and black metallic x. those aren't the paint codes but that is how Yamaha describes them in the parts fische. I have a grey 08 and it came with the black rear tire hugger. hope that helps

Found it. I'm going to rid if the grey all together. Hopefully powder cost the wheels gold instead of vomit green/gold also.
9EEA8DB1-B002-4A6E-80DD-FD948DA13B70-13028-00000579A3506D0A_zps76670abb.jpg

Hey all... I'd like to paint my radiator covers and stock exaust to start to rid the bike of much if not all of its silver.

Can anyone recommend (EDIT: off the shelf) brand/color or paint that will match the engine, swingarm, frame the closest to the above referenced 0582 Mat Black Metallic #2 (MBL2) . I just don't see anything "metallic" about it and I'm going to search flat black colors with flat clear to try to get it as close as possible.

I'd bet some of you have already done this at least once. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin

Last edited:
I tried touch up paint from a well known company and did not like the results. I later went to a automotive paint supply place. They scanned the paint and it was a perfect match. Paint can fade over time. Scanning the paint will ensure a better match. If you know someone that can paint it for you I suggest that route.

Back